About the Homestay
WHEN GUESTS ARRIVE:
When you arrive we meet and greet you personally. As a homestay we aim to make you feel like you are home away from home. We are available to assist you as much or as little as you prefer.
On arrival, there is a welcome pack the has the fridge stocked with breakfast items and snacks, the pantry has a great range of supplies and there are super comfy beds with crisp clean linen ensuring you relax during your travels.
We offer the whole apartment for exclusive use OR an individual room can be booked, when available, as they are each private and lockable . Your tariff includes complimentary snacks on arrival and basic breakfast supplies.
For long stays, over 9 nights , there is a $35.00 per week cleaning fee for housekeeping, cleaning, tidying and restocking the amenities and supplies. If you like we can offer just the bedsheet change and bathtowels replaced for NO additional fee.
The 2 double bedrooms each have a wall mounted smart TV, large cupboards, PC workspace, security safe, lumbar support beds and lockable room doors. Shared A/C area, bathroom, kitchenette (with dishwasher), dining & lounge are light and airy and the apartment is roomy and well appointed. The swimming pool is available for your use, but only if you are swim safe. You are also welcome to use the BBQ facilities and relax alfresco under the outdoor pavilion. Great for couples, solo adventurers, business travellers, entertainment industry people, medical staff, families with teenage kids and even small furry friends (pets). A Fold out bed for a 5th guest can be provided at a rate of $25 per night. The Homestay fee is paid on arrival (COD)
Many of the major highlights and facilities are between 5 to 15 minutes away; Airport, Shops, Retail Malls, Restaurants, cinemas, Universities, Historical Parks (Centenial, La Perourse, Botanical Gardens), Sydney CBD, Central Station, Darling and Sydney Harbour, Sport Stadium, Fox Entertainment Studio, Sydney Children's Hospital, Prince of Wales Hospital, golf course & beaches (Bondi & Coogee). Public transport direct to most of these destinations is direct and right nearby.
A LITTLE ABOUT YOUR HOMESTAY HOSTS
I work part time in the agricultural import and export industry, My husband Nik is a Hydrogeologist dealing with land and site contamination. Dylan my son is at University, having studied paramedicine and now undertaking a Bachelor of Arts and Music. Katherine my daughter and her partner work in the hospitality industry and on Brand Developement, having completed Degrees in Ecomomics and Event Managment.
We love meeting all our guests and exchanging stories and talking about our travel experiences. We look forward to WELCOMING YOU and making you feel at home.
- Bikes for use
- Swimming Pool
- Internet Access
- Smoke alarm
- Air Conditioning
Bedrooms available for booking
About the Area
Our home is located within 10 minute walk to Westfield shopping centre or 5 minutes from Maroubra shopping centre. You have access to public transport that is only 2 min walk away, which takes you to nearby beaches such as Coogee or Bondi as well as into the Sydney City or other great tourist attractions. Sydney Uni, UTS and UNI NSW are all also easy to get to and close by. Shops, cafes, picture theatres and bars are also nearby at Randwick Spot or Westfield Pagewood and Bondi. We are near to all this but located in quite residential street near parks so if you need a bit of peaceful reflection you can stroll along some wonderful green areas or beach coastlines. If you are swim safe, you are also able to use our pool and deck area and can help you find your way around this great city of ours.
Local Area Facilities
- Shopping Centre
- Horse Stables
- Water sports
- Health club
- Bus Stop
Please note that only a light breakfast is included in the room rate. All other meals will incur an additional cost. Meals and any additional payment should be arranged directly with your host.
Included in the stay
- Light Breakfast
- Use of Kitchen
- On arrival present booking confirmation and ID
- Pay your homestay on arrival
- Discuss any concerns with the homeowner
- Additional fold out bed by prior arrangement at $25.00 per night for up to 1 extra person .
- Mandatory $35.00 per room per week cleaning fee OR $70.00 per week for the entire apartment booing for stays over 9 nights, as required.
- Treat each member in the house including the pets with respect.
- Ensure all pool fences and boundary fence doors are always shut and locked
- Only guests who are able to swim are allowed to use the pool. The home owner takes not responsibility.
- Sun Block creams leave permanent stains of linen and towels and make them unusable. Please WASH OFF lotions.
- Lock your upstairs exit doors when you leave the home.
- Ensure all lights, appliances and air conditioning are turned OFF when you leave or not required
- No overnight guests or parties.
- Be courteous in communal areas
- Keep your area clear and clean up after yourself
- Clean any mess or contact the homeowner for assistance
- Coping the house key is forbidden
- No smoking inside the home
- Respect other home members privacy
- Malicious damage or dangerous/bad behaviour will result in instant eviction with no refunds
- If you are going to be away for extended time let the home owner know your safe.
By staying at the home you are expected and agree to follow the rules and pay for any damages. A full list of house rules can be found in your room.
Smoking is allowed outdoors only.
Loved our stay with Lyn and her lovely family. They made us feel really welcome and at home. The place was in a great location, very clean, and had an added bonus of a swimming pool. Would highly recommend staying here!
Nice and helpful. Good location near buses to the AirPort and central Sydney.,We recommend it. We could borrow bicykles for à ride to Maroubra beach.
Amazing. couldn't have better stay in Sydney!!
I can strongly recommend this host family!
This guest awarded the host 5 hearts but didn’t leave any comments.