About the Homestay
HOME AWAY FROM HOME -- Large fully furnished private really nice room with built in large robes, king or single bed and all linen provided. Bright,clean centrally heated and air conditioning.
We are a great, friendly, quality charming and gorgeous Aussie style home to stay with Aussie couple. If you are looking to experience an ambience in an Aussie home and not just a place to live (privacy or join in) we are a Large 2 storey (5 bedroom) renovated 100 year old "Australiana" home and beautiful (2-1/2 bedroom)cottage at back of our home. Three large bathrooms (shared)
We have no children or pets here, but we love sports and take an interest in everything and love people of all cultures and love to share our relaxed Australian way of life.
GLEN HUNTLY – Zone 1 – fantastic location – close to everything
- 4-8 minutes (depends on how much or how fast you walk ...lol) direct walk to train/tram, bus stops and shops and cafes
- 15-20 minutes train ride to Melbourne city centre (depends if train goes direct or through the city loop)
- 20-25 minute tram ride (No. 67) to St Kilda beach
- 10 minute bus ride to Chadstone (largest shopping centre in the southern hemisphere with shops, theatres, bowling alleys etc)
- 3 minutes walk to green parks/bike tracks – we have 4 bikes and helmets which we are happy to loan to you
- 15 minutes walk direct to outdoor swimming pool and tennis courts (weather permitting)
- Nightrider bus 980 stops about 20 minutes walk from home if late in the city centre
On arrival -
- beautiful towels and soap in your room
- Freshly laundered sheets, doona covers and all linen
- Brochures available of places to visit and where you can book and how to get there ...also ....
1) Complimentary - Breakfast including – juice, fruit, tea/coffee (coffee machine – Lavazza coffee), cereal, toasts – help yourself
2) You are welcome to help yourself to tea/coffee at all times
3) Complimentary - Washing done and folded twice a week/ Irons, ironing board and Elna press to use
4) Compimentary - We have 4 Bikes & helmets if you wish to use for bike rides, lots of bike tracks in Melbourne and areas
5) Complimentary - DVD/CD library (heaps of varied music) and huge Book library , also (avid collection of movies –current and great selection)
6) Also available is WIFI complimentary
We used to include our dinners however as food prices have rapidly increased in Melbourne we also make available -
** Beautiful big cooked dinner at night - home cooked buffet style help yourself dinner (as per our picture) – $15 per night per person if you would like, or bring some food in or dine out - up to you
** We have had to include a $20 Cleaning Fee on leaving your room prior to checking out. We ask for this on arrival with your payment - with thanks
Languages in our house are varied - Joy speaks English, some Turkish, some French, little Italian & Spanish, Owen - English, Northern Irish
- Bikes for use
- Games Room
- Internet Access
- Smoke alarm
- Air Conditioning
Bedrooms available for booking
About the Area
We are in the south eastern area - 8 ks from the city and only 4 mins direct walk to all transport - train/tram and bus stops. It is a lovely peaceful "village" type of place but with some great shops and Chadstone only 10 minutes bus ride away (the largest shopping centre in the southern hemisphere). Lots nice cafes, restaurants, bars and great fashion shops and markets sometimes. Go into the city centre in 15-20 minutes by train or by tram for longer relaxing time.
Local Area Facilities
- Shopping Centre
- Amusement Park
- Water sports
- Sports arena
- Health club
- Bus Stop
- Train station
Please note that only a light breakfast is included in the room rate. All other meals will incur an additional cost. Meals and any additional payment should be arranged directly with your host.
Included in the stay
- Light Breakfast
Available on request at an extra cost
- Full Board
Diet Type available on request
General house cleanliness- rooms are expected to be kept clean
Please do not invite strangers into our home; if you would like to invite a friend over just agree it with me in advance
We are really happy when you offer "Is there anything I can do to help especially around dinner time" - it's always appreciated - things like empty the dishwasher, or any little thing.
Please enjoy your stay and treat our house as you would your own home!
Smoking is allowed outdoors only.
Very friendly greeting, clean,warm and location great near train station and tram. I would like to stay again sometime.
My stay was only a long weekend and I was barely in the house , but it was one of the most pleasant & conveniently located stays I have had.
Wonderful Host.. Joy welcomed me in with a Joyful smile. Felt welcome and felt at home.. had delicious home cooked dinner. And had fun watching AFL with Owen.. wonderful place to stay.. hope to stay there again :)
Fantastic hosts, comfy bed. I had a great night sleep. I hope to stay there again.
We enjoyed our stay with Joy and Owen. Close to the train station and other amenities.
I had great time in the house. Beautiful home, clean, comfy, yummy dinner . Owen and Joy were helpful and friendly and I will most certainly stay again if I'm back in Melbourne. Thank you.
My husband stayed at this home in suburban Melbourne when taking part in a sport event in Caulfield.
The hosts were welcoming and the house was conveniently located with near by transport and shops. The room was clean and comfortable, although a bit too cluttered to his liking - he says he's never slept with so many dolls!! (dolls collections in the room, that is)
Was great to be in Joy's hause. The food was 10points, and Joy helped me in all I asked her for.
The most friendly, helpful couple, accommodating couple you could meet. More than a few days and one starts to part of a family.
Rooms are excellent, facilities the same,guests are friendly, great atmosphere.
Worst part is being able to book there again as it's quite sort after, worth booking as far in advance as possible!
Joy and Owen, I take my hat off to them. Wonderful hosts.
Trains, shops and many other things to do and see close by.
If a 5 is the top score, then 5 definitely, as is everything else available at Joy and Owens, Dorothy Ave, Homestay,
Cheers guys, many thanks,