About the Homestay
HOME AWAY FROM HOME -- Large fully furnished private really nice room with built in large robes, king or single bed and all linen provided. Bright,clean centrally heated and air conditioning.
We are a great, friendly, quality charming and gorgeous Aussie style home to stay with Aussie couple. If you are looking to experience an ambience in an Aussie home and not just a place to live (privacy or join in) we are a Large 2 storey (5 bedroom) renovated 100 year old "Australiana" home and beautiful (2-1/2 bedroom)cottage at back of our home. Three large bathrooms (shared)
We have no children or pets here, but we love sports and take an interest in everything and love people of all cultures and love to share our relaxed Australian way of life.
GLEN HUNTLY – Zone 1 – fantastic location – close to everything
- 4-8 minutes (depends on how much or how fast you walk ...lol) direct walk to train/tram, bus stops and shops and cafes
- 15-20 minutes train ride to Melbourne city centre (depends if train goes direct or through the city loop)
- 20-25 minute tram ride (No. 67) to St Kilda beach
- 10 minute bus ride to Chadstone (largest shopping centre in the southern hemisphere with shops, theatres, bowling alleys etc)
- 3 minutes walk to green parks/bike tracks – we have 4 bikes and helmets which we are happy to loan to you
- 15 minutes walk direct to outdoor swimming pool and tennis courts (weather permitting)
- Nightrider bus 980 stops about 20 minutes walk from home if late in the city centre
On arrival -
- beautiful towels and soap in your room
- Freshly laundered sheets, doona covers and all linen
- Brochures available of places to visit and where you can book and how to get there ...also ....
1) Complimentary - Breakfast including – juice, fruit, tea/coffee (coffee machine – Lavazza coffee), cereal, toasts – help yourself
2) You are welcome to help yourself to tea/coffee at all times
3) Complimentary - Washing done and folded twice a week/ Irons, ironing board and Elna press to use
4) Compimentary - We have 4 Bikes & helmets if you wish to use for bike rides, lots of bike tracks in Melbourne and areas
5) Complimentary - DVD/CD library (heaps of varied music) and huge Book library , also (avid collection of movies –current and great selection)
6) Also available is WIFI complimentary
We used to include our dinners however as food prices have rapidly increased in Melbourne we also make available -
** Beautiful big cooked dinner at night - home cooked buffet style help yourself dinner (as per our picture) – $15 per night per person if you would like, or bring some food in or dine out - up to you
** We have had to include a $20 Cleaning Fee on leaving your room prior to checking out. We ask for this on arrival with your payment - with thanks
Languages in our house are varied - Joy speaks English, some Turkish, some French, little Italian & Spanish, Owen - English, Northern Irish
- Bikes for use
- Games Room
- Internet Access
- Smoke alarm
- Air Conditioning
Bedrooms available for booking
About the Area
We are in the south eastern area - 8 ks from the city and only 4 mins direct walk to all transport - train/tram and bus stops. It is a lovely peaceful "village" type of place but with some great shops and Chadstone only 10 minutes bus ride away (the largest shopping centre in the southern hemisphere). Lots nice cafes, restaurants, bars and great fashion shops and markets sometimes. Go into the city centre in 15-20 minutes by train or by tram for longer relaxing time.
Local Area Facilities
- Shopping Centre
- Amusement Park
- Water sports
- Sports arena
- Health club
- Bus Stop
- Train station
Please note that only a light breakfast is included in the room rate. All other meals will incur an additional cost. Meals and any additional payment should be arranged directly with your host.
Included in the stay
- Light Breakfast
- Use of Kitchen
Available on request at an extra cost
- Full Board
Diet Type available on request
General house cleanliness- rooms are expected to be kept clean
Please do not invite strangers into our home; if you would like to invite a friend over just agree it with me in advance
We are really happy when you offer "Is there anything I can do to help especially around dinner time" - it's always appreciated - things like empty the dishwasher, or any little thing.
Please enjoy your stay and treat our house as you would your own home!
Smoking is allowed outdoors only.
Both Joy and Owen are very friendly and ready to help their guests and made my stay rather easy. Their home is very special, because one has to get accustomed with the many things they have in the house. Above all I like Owen's Irish coffee, it is very good.
Joy and Owen are really welcoming people who like to talk to people. If you need something just ask them. Joy even called for me the car rental company to organize a really nice deal for my trip to the Great Ocean Road.
However I didn't like the bed in the room too much. It is on rolls so if you try to sit in it and lean to the wall it moves away from it's place. Further when I arrived there was under the bed a layer of dust which was not cleaned.
It was really cool that there were always fresh free fruit available and Joy even did the laundry for me without any extra cost.
All in all I liked it very much to stay with Owen and Joy cause they are so welcoming and helpful!
What a beautiful oasis and home. Joy and Owen are wonderful hosts and it is a shame I did not book longer with them hindsight is a wonderful thing. Next time with husband in the massive so comfortable bed I had. The house interior is worth a visit on its own and goes on and up with large cottage in the back. Thank you Joy and Owen for your hospitality
Joy & Owen were excellent hosts & I was made to feel part of the family. Amazing periodic Australian Cottage & within 8 stops to Flinders St.
It was a great experience, Joy and Owen are pretty nice guys. Besides all, you can have an excellent irish coffee. Thank you Joy an Owen.
Joy's place is very homely. Joy and her partner are both very welcoming and friendly. The bed I had was huge and very comfortable.
I will be more than happy to return.
It was very pleasant staying with joy.
Great house, room and people.
Truly a wonderful family. I really enjoyed staying in their house. Joy and Owen are really nice. They made me feel very comfortable and gave me some tips for my stay in Melbourne. I am very grateful for their support and kindness and I would highly recommend it to anybody to stay there.
Joy is a very friendly and hospitable host, with many years experience.