About the Homestay
Our family lives in a house with 2 externally located bedrooms, one with a bunk bed for twin share and one with a double bed which is suited for a couple. There is private access to the rooms via the side of the house (good if you are arriving home late).
Close to our house we have a newsagency, a restaurant and bar, shopping centres and restaurants near Kingsgrove station and Clemton Park apartments.
The best way to get to our house from the airport is by catching a train from the airport then a 5min bus ride, an Uber for around $30 per ride, or a taxi for $35 per ride.
Our house is located 10km from the Sydney CBD. The home is surrounded by public transport options that allow you to experience Sydney at its fullest.
- Kingsgrove train station is an 18min walk or a 5min bus ride. The station is on the Airport line which directly goes through Sydney International and Domestic airport, Central station and Town Hall. It also goes to Circular Quay, where the Opera house and Harbour Bridge and the ferries that depart to Taronga Zoo or Manly if you're up for a swim
- 490 and 492 bus stops less than 100m from the house. These buses will take you to nearby shopping centres like Campsie, Hurstville and Burwood, where you can get some of Sydney's best Asian foods.
- 423 bus stop to Martin Place in the Sydney CBD. The bus goes to the heart of the Sydney CBD to allow you to explore all the attractions. It also goes past Newtown and Marrickville, where you can experience some of Sydney's best night life and hipster culture. It also goes past Sydney University- convenient if you study there or want to see some cool gothic architecture resembling Hogwarts in the Quadrangle
- If you have a car, it is a 1 hour drive to the Blue Mountains, and 10min drive to the closest beach (Brighton Le Sands)
- For a fee, we also run tours to natural attractions outside of Sydney (discuss with us upon arrival)
- Bikes for use
- Internet Access
- Non Smoking
Bedrooms available for booking
About the Area
Our house is located on the south west side of a safe suburb called Kingsgrove, which is only 12 km from Sydney International Airport and 12 km to City CBD.
The bus stop is only in front of the door going to City CBD, which includes Sydney Opera house, Sydney Harbour Bridge, Darling Harbour and heaps of other tourist attractions. Just next door is Giorgio's Cafe and many shops. You can also take the bus to go to Kingsgrove station or if you wish, you can walk for 15 minutes to the station.
Local Area Facilities
- Shopping Centre
- Amusement Park
- Bus Stop
- Train station
Hosts can offer a complimentary light breakfast at their discretion. All other meals, including a full breakfast, might incur an additional cost, if offered. Meals and any additional payment should be arranged directly with your host.
Included in the stay
- Complimentary Light Breakfast
- Use of Kitchen
No smoking and no pets
Smoking is not allowed.
The place is nice and I haven't met Cindy because she was travelling, but her mom Sri was super kind and lovely helping me to have a great stay there. Highly recommended :)
Great people very kind and friendly to be around.
This was our first time using this service and it was great! The family was wonderful and very welcoming. They were very friendly and helped us to get around the city. I would highly recommend this family. Thanks for a great time.
We stayed there for 3 nights.
Cindy and their family were very nice to us. They helped us to reach the things we would like to see.
The accomodation is ca 45 minutes far away from the City. But all is good to reach by bus and train.
Thanks to Cindy and her family.
This guest awarded the host 1 heart but didn’t leave any comments.
They are absolutely awesome to stay with!!!
How do I book?
Contact the host to check their availability and ask them any questions you have about staying with them. Once the host confirms they’re available for your dates, you can complete your booking.
When do I pay?
Once a host confirms they're available, you can go ahead and pay the 15% booking fee (maximum of 250 $£€ for longer term bookings) using a choice of payment methods: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Maestro, Laser, JCB & PayPal (not available in certain countries). You then pay your host on arrival or as stated by your host on their profile and agreed by you on booking. Please be cautious if a host requests advance payment if its not included on their profile. Our hosts have been advised that if they wish to request advance payment they must make this explicit in their profile. We do not recommend the use of Money gram or Western Union.
When can I share my contact details?
Host and Guest email address, phone number and home address will be exchanged in a confirmation email sent to both immediately after a booking is completed. It's against our policy for Guests and Hosts to exchange direct contact details via our messaging system.