The promoter of the competition is Homestay.com (hereafter known as the "Promoter") of 6/7 St. Stephens Green, Dublin 2, Ireland.
1. By entering the Competition, the "Entrant" agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions and agrees that the decision of the Promoter is binding and final.
2. Valid entries into the Competition can only be received by hosts who have had a guest stay with them, up to 30 days after they have checked out from the homestay.
3. The prize is provided by the Promoter.
4. The full prize details (the "Prize") are as follows:
a) There will be one (1) winner (the "Winner")
b) The winner shall be entitled to a cash prize to the value of €100, or local currency equivalent.
5. The Prize is non-transferable, cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer and can only be claimed by the Winner notified by the Promoter in accordance with clause 10 below.
6. Entrants must be aged 18 or over. In entering the Competition, the Entrant does so on his/her own initiative and is responsible for complying with local laws, to the extent that any local laws apply. Entry into the Competition may be unlawful under the laws of the applicable jurisdiction and if the entry in the Competition is unlawful, the Entrant will breach these terms and conditions and will be immediately disqualified from the Competition.
7. The Competition is not open to employees or agents of the Promoter or any affiliated companies or subsidiaries or any third parties involved in the Competition.
8. The Competition is open for participation from the 1st March 2017 onward. Valid entries can be received at anytime during the quarter to be included in the quarterly draw. An entry is only valid where posted during the homestay booking or up to 30 days after the guest checks out of the homestay. Any entries submitted outside this will be deemed invalid.
9. The Entrant shall enter the competition via Facebook, Twitter or Instagram only, in the way of posting a photo or video to their own profile page and tagging it with #HelloHomestay. Valid entries must be from a public profile or a post changed to a public audience in order to be included.
10. The Winner shall be notified via their Facebook, Twitter or Instagram account respectively and by email.
11. By entering the Competition, each Entrant agrees to allow the Promoter to use their photo or video as content for the Homestay social media channels and/or blog. Each Entrant also agrees to allow the Promoter to use their name and nationality to be displayed as a Winner on the Homestay.com website.
12. By entering the Competition, the Entrant agrees, in the event that they are a Winner, to participate in such promotional activity as is reasonably requested by the Promoter, such as providing the Promoter with content for the Homestay.com website, blog, e-newsletters, and social media channels for further marketing purposes following the Competition.
13. The Winner shall be given five (5) calendar days from the date of notification to claim the Prize.
14. In the event that the Winner fails to respond in writing via Facebook, Twitter or Instagram within five (5) calendar days, chooses not to accept the Prize, is ineligible for the Competition or fails to duly complete, execute and return any document required by the Promoter, he/she shall be immediately disqualified from the Competition and he/she shall forthwith relinquish any right or entitlement to the Prize. The Promoter shall then randomly select from all remaining eligible Competition Entrants an alternative winner of the Prize (the "Alternative Winner").
15. The Alternative Winner shall be notified via his/her submitted Facebook, Twitter or Instagram account. The Alternative Winner shall be given five (5) calendar days from the date of notification to claim the Prize.
16. In the event that the Alternative Winner fails to respond in writing via e-mail within five (5) calendar days, chooses not to accept the Prize, is ineligible for the Competition or fails to duly complete, execute and return any document required by the Promoter, he/she shall be immediately disqualified from the Competition and he/she shall forthwith relinquish any right or entitlement to the Prize. The Prize shall then be returned to the inventory and the Competition shall be discontinued.
17. The Promoter will accept multiple valid entries by an Entrant on their Facebook, Twitter or Instagram account.
18. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the individual that submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorised account holder of the Facebook, Twitter or Instagram account.
19. Each Entrant releases and holds the Promoter and its employees, agents, sub-contractors and consultants harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the Competition or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of any Prize, including without limitation, personal injury, property damage and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
20. The receipt by an Entrant of a Prize is conditional upon that Entrant executing all releases and other documentation and providing such assistance as the Promoter may reasonably require.
21. The Promoter shall not be liable for any breach of its obligations here under resulting from causes beyond its reasonable control including but not limited to fires, strikes (of its own or other employees), insurrection or riots, embargoes, delays in transportation, requirements or regulations of any civil or military authority, computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud or technical failure and the Promoter shall be entitled to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition and these terms and conditions without liability.
22. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify or discontinue this Competition or to restrict its availability to any person, at any time, for any or no reason, and without prior notice or liability to Entrants.
23. These terms and conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Ireland and the Entrant hereby agrees that for the benefit of the Promoter and without prejudice to the right of the Promoter to take proceedings before any other court of competent jurisdiction, that the courts of Ireland shall have jurisdiction to hear and determine any suit, action or proceedings that might arise out of or in connection with these terms and conditions and for such purposes the Entrant irrevocably submits to the jurisdiction of such courts.
Share this article