About the Homestay
Our home is located in Siem Reap City center. Our apartment sits inside of Kandal Village Precinct, which is right in the city center with everything a quick walk away. It is in one of the Old French building on the 2nd floor - one flight of stairs. You will find Post Office is 6 mins to walk, supermarket is 1 mins to walk, pub street and old market is 6 mins walking distance, and there are so many cafes, restaurants and street food downstairs. Also our location is very easy to reach Angkor Wat, about 15 mins drive distance.
We have 2 rooms are available, each room can suit 2 people Max. Room 1 is modern private room with shared bathroom. Room 2 is cozy en-suite room.
The Lounge is shared, for everyone to relax, reading and working online. You are welcome to use kitchen and dinning area, we supply all the tools in the kitchen. Washing machine is also shared, we will make washing schedule for everyone's equal use.
You will stay with me and my husband. We both work at our own private room office most time. And we would love to have nice chats and share stories and ideas with guests when everyone is available. I can speak English and Chinese, my husband can speak English and Dutch, other language we will have difficulty to communicate. We both love music, like jazz, easy house music and world music etc. We both are food lovers, love to cook occasionally.
For the price we offer, we don't include breakfast. But there is big supermarket cross the road, you can plan some fast breakfast yourself in the morning.
- Internet Access
- Air Conditioning
Bedrooms available for booking
About the Area
The Apartment and Neighborhood
Kandal Village Precinct is right in the city center with everything a quick walk away. The apartment is in the village, on the 2nd floor - one flight of stairs.
Kandal Village is 1 block from the leafy French Quarter & 2 blocks from lively Pub street.
All the best are here 1 - 3 mins walk (25+ options) :
1. Restaurants - Khmer to Mexican, Colombian to Persian, Japanese to French to Italian + + +
2. The famous Little Red Fox (Angelina Jolie's favorite), + Common Grounds and many more.
3. Designer Fashion stores - 5
4. Bars - The Hive, Charms Bar + many more.
5. International Lounge Club - The Village Cafe.
6. Spas - 3
7. Authentic Souvenirs - 6
8. Large supermarket is cross the road -1
9. and the Hippest Crowd.
Apartment distance to Major Tourist landmarks:
All Major Landmarks are super close as well :
1. Angkor Wat is 15 mins drive
2. Pub Street - 10 mins walk
3. Angkor Night Market -11 mins walk
4. Phare Cambodian Circus - 8 mins drive
5. Kings Road Arcade (Made in Cambodia) - 7 mins walk
6. Kandal Village Precinct - you will be living in the heart of the village !
7. Siem Reap River - 2mins walk
8. Wat Preah Prom Rath Pagoda - its next door.
This is the best precinct to stay in Siem Reap
(data comes from Google maps)
Local Area Facilities
- Shopping Centre
Hosts can offer a complimentary light breakfast at their discretion. All other meals will incur an additional cost. Meals and any additional payment should be arranged directly with your host.
Included in the stay
- Use of Kitchen
Payment and Cancellation Policy:
You need to make a full payment (plus booking service fee 15% to homestay.com) in advance immediately when you booking.
You will get full refund, if you cancel 8 days before your arrival date ( booking service fee 15% is not refundable, please consult homestay.com);
There is no refund If you cancel within 8 days but before your arrival (booking service fee 15% is not refundable, please consult homestay.com).
Security Deposit - We require security deposit $20 when you check in, and will return when you check out.
Other home stay rules:
We welcome you stay with us, and we love meeting friends. We do ask you to respect following living rules to make whole stay simple, clear, healthy and happy.
-Not safe or suitable for children (0-12) and pets
-No parties or events
-No visitor who is not in the booking registration
-Check-in time is 3PM - 10PM and check out time is 11AM
- We require all guests to have a real profile photo and to produce ID/Passport verification when checking in.
- Do not eat in bed or keep leftover food in your room (the fridge is available for your use) – in this tropical zone, leftover food attracts insects and we strive to maintain a pest free environment, please join us to keep pest free.
- Please be respectful of bed sheets and towels. Do not use hand/bath towels and linens to wipe your shoes, dropped food or drink etc, there is supplied wet/dry tissue for these uses.
- Please be respectful of bed sheets and towels. Makeup/foundation, face medications/creams, tanning products, lipsticks, sunscreens, will stain and/or bleach linens/towels. Non-alcohol wet facial tissue provided in each room is for removal of all skin products uses. Please do not use regular hand/bath towels with all skin products.
Unsalvageable linens/bath towels will be charged to the guest.
- Please switch off the air conditioner when you are out during the day.
- Do not wear outdoor shoes walk on the bedroom rug because of the local red soil will stain and dye.
- After using the kitchen, all utensils, plates, cutlery, and cups must be washed immediately and left in the drying rack, and all unused food stored in the fridge.
- Smoking is only allowed outdoor or in the lounge area - no smoking inside the bedrooms.
- No abuse use of washing machine. (Abuse behavior refers to wash twice per day, use washing machine only for 1 pair of jeans, use washing machine only for 2 T-shirts or use washing machine only for 1 pair of socks…)
Please request before you use the washing machine so that I can schedule washing time with everybody live in the house.
We offer 1 free wash per stay, after that we charge $1 per wash.
- From reality, not suits for aged guests and children, because our stairs are steep and shared bathroom is divided by entrance may have chance to cause inconvenience and accident.
-This apartment is centrally located but a relatively peaceful and chill out arty neighborhood, however, it is not a quiet and silent country town. Some street sound is unavoidable, especially on special days of Cambodian.
Other thing need to know:
Must climb stairs - Must climb one flight
Some spaces are shared - Washing machine, Hair dryer, Kitchen, dinning table and Lounge are shared.
Smoking is allowed outdoors only.
How do I book?
Contact the host to check their availability and ask them any questions you have about staying with them. Once the host confirms they’re available for your dates, you can complete your booking.
When do I pay?
Once a host confirms they're available, you can go ahead and pay the 15% booking fee (maximum of 199 $£€ for longer term bookings) using a choice of payment methods: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Maestro, Laser, JCB & PayPal (not available in certain countries). You then pay your host on arrival or as stated by your host on their profile and agreed by you on booking. Please be cautious if a host requests advance payment if its not included on their profile. Our hosts have been advised that if they wish to request advance payment they must make this explicit in their profile. We do not recommend the use of Money gram or Western Union.
When can I share my contact details?
Host and Guest email address, phone number and home address will be exchanged in a confirmation email sent to both immediately after a booking is completed. It's against our policy for Guests and Hosts to exchange direct contact details via our messaging system.