About the Homestay
We are a family of 3 (mother and 2 children) and we live in a quiet area of Burnaby Mountain near Simon Fraser University. We have 2 lovely house rabbits as pets. We have 4 fully furnished rooms available with two shared bathrooms. Our home is very close to the bus line and Skytrain station and 20 minutes from downtown Vancouver. We are very active and we speak English, French, Spanish and some Japanese. We have traveled quite a bit and we love to find out about different countries and cultures.
• We will provide students on the full board program with 3 meals/day. The kitchen is open at 5:30 am for breakfast and closed at 9:00 pm.
- Bikes for use
- Internet Access
- Smoke alarm
Bedrooms available for booking
About the Area
Our townhouse is close to a number of bus lines and to a Skytrain station. Very close to Simon Fraser University and about 20 minutes by public transit to downtown Vancouver.
Local Area Facilities
- Shopping Centre
- Sports arena
- Bus Stop
- Train station
Hosts can offer a complimentary light breakfast at their discretion. All other meals will incur an additional cost. Meals and any additional payment should be arranged directly with your host.
Included in the stay
- Complimentary Light Breakfast
- Use of Kitchen
GUIDELINES FOR YOUR STAY
• Please keep your room clean and tidy. Ask me for cleaning supplies.
• When your garbage/trash container is full, tie the plastic bag closed and place it in one of the large green containers at the end of our street. If you aren’t sure where they are, please ask me and I will show you. Always use a plastic bag in your trash container. Ask us for more bags when you need them.
• Do not put food in your garbage container. This must be put in the compost container upstairs in the kitchen. Empty juice bottles and pop cans should be rinsed first and put into the black recycling bag in the garage.
• Leave your computer and other electronic devices on your desk/table, not on the bed (fire danger).
• When you make your lunch or reheat your dinner, make sure you clean up after yourself. Wash the dishes well with liquid detergent, rinse and dry them with a cloth. Put away your dishes and cutlery. Wipe down the counter and your eating area at the island or kitchen table.
• You may use the microwave and toaster. If you spill or splatter something in the microwave, clean it all up with a cloth and water. DO NOT USE THE OVEN, STOVE OR DISHWASHER!
• Make sure food is properly stored. Close containers and bags to ensure freshness. Put the milk back into the fridge.
• Limit your shower to 15 minutes once a day.
• It is your responsibility to help keep the shared bathroom clean. Remove your body hair from the shower and walls, bathroom sink and floor.
• Use the basket provided to keep your personal toiletry items in your bedroom i.e. shampoo, toothbrush, etc.
• Do your personal grooming in your bedroom as others may need to use the shared bathroom (e.g. blow dry your hair, put on make up, etc.).
• After your shower, keep your body towel in your bedroom to dry. Do not use the towels in the bathroom as they are for Angel’s use only. Use the small hand towel to dry up wet spots.
• NO LATE SHOWERS AFTER 10:00 PM!
• Do not flush any trash/garbage down the toilet. Use the bathroom trash container for this. It is safe to flush only toilet paper down the toilet.
• Please remember to turn off the lights/fan when you leave.
• You may do laundry once a week (one basketful of dirty clothes).
I will teach you how to use the washing machine and dryer. We will provide you with laundry detergent.
• The use of the clothes dryer is expensive. Please use it only if you have a full load of clothes to dry. Use the clothes rack upstairs if you have a few items of clothes to dry.
• If you are concerned about colours mixing in the wash, you can hand wash these items separately or change the setting of the water temperature to cold.
Breakfast: You will serve yourself breakfast. There will be milk, bread for toast, hot/cold cereal, waffles, peanut butter, jam, margarine and syrup in the fridge. Coffee/tea and cocoa are available to you.
Lunch: If you want a sandwich, please prepare it yourself. There will be bread, mayonnaise, margarine, mustard, lunch meat and cheese available. There are also plenty of fruits, veggies, and other snacks to add to your lunch.
Dinner: We will serve dinner between 6:00 – 8:00 pm during weekdays.
On weekends, it will vary, but I will communicate the plans to you ahead of time. If you do not need dinner, please call me by 5:00 pm on the same day. Also, if you wish to have a late dinner, please call or text me by 5:00 pm. We will be happy to place your dinner in the downstairs fridge. You can wash and rinse your dishes, dry them and put them away afterwards.
• The fridge and microwave downstairs are for homestay students’ personal snacks. Do not eat other students’ foods.
• After you enter the house, please lock the door and remove your shoes/boots and carry them to your bedroom. Place them on the plastic mat. Leave wet umbrellas to dry in the entrance way. Shake them out before you enter the house. Do not leave any wet items on the bedroom floor.
• Always lock the door when you leave the house and when you return home.
• You must tell us immediately if anything is wrong with your bedroom, bathroom or any part of the house.
• We do not allow smoking in the house or on our property (front or back).
• NO GUESTS/VISITORS ALLOWED!
• Please be environmentally responsible and turn off any lights downstairs when you go to sleep and upstairs lights when you go to school/out.
• Let us know if you are staying overnight some place else.
• NO SKYPE! NO LOUD MUSIC OR NOISE AFTER 9:00 PM!
• Our home computer and printer are not available.
Smoking is not allowed.
I could not find any words to say about host family. Its was beyond awesome. Thank you.
I enjoyed my stay at Helene's house to the fullest, she has a lovely family and they are always willing to give you all the necessary support. The place is beautiful, clean, tidy and she cooks delicious. I hope to have the opportunity to stay again at Helene's house.
Highly recommended :)
Helene family are so respectful and cooperative i have been living in their home for more than three months i felt like as my home . She is generous and participate her special time and events with us giving you such a nice feeling even you lives out of home country . I am really appreciated that so much Helene . God bless you and your family .
Warm and supportive. Everything was nice.
Helene was very, very helpful and friendly. She totally supported my staying there. She was nice, respectful and shared her life and home, made me feel like it was my own home. Her family is beautiful and very well educated. Nice room, quiet and clean neighborhood. A bit far from center, but Vancouver made it very easy and pleasuring for me. Thanks for everything Helene!!
Amazing house to stay! Great people and Helene is a great person to talk to.
The location is in a beautiful neighborhood.
Helene was so friendly and welcoming and helped me every time I had a question. I would totally recommend to stay at her place.
Very well located - Very clean and quiet - I spend a wonderful stay - Helene is really a nice person and she helped me a lot to discover and appreciate Vancouver area- For sure I will come back to Beautiful Vancouver
This guest awarded the host 5 hearts but didn’t leave any comments.
Great family - friendly, active, busy with sports, schools, and help to other people. I wish them great success.
How do I book?
Contact the host to check their availability and ask them any questions you have about staying with them. Once the host confirms they’re available for your dates, you can complete your booking.
When do I pay?
Once a host confirms they're available, you can go ahead and pay the 15% booking fee (maximum of 199 $£€ for longer term bookings) and a 25% deposit using a choice of payments: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Maestro, Laser, JCB & PayPal. The deposit is collected in advance on behalf of the host to protect against no show or late cancellations (within 7 days of arrival). You then pay your host the balance due on arrival. The 25% deposit payment is made to the host 2 business days after your scheduled arrival date. This deposit payment will only be refunded if you cancel the booking at least 7 full days prior to arrival.
When can I share my contact details?
Host and Guest email address, phone number and home address will be exchanged in a confirmation email sent to both immediately after a booking is completed. It's against our policy for Guests and Hosts to exchange direct contact details via our messaging system.