About the Homestay
My name is Celine and I am a young professional/former teacher. The den is in the Yorkville neighborhood which is safe and convenient to University of Toronto, Ryerson, Eaton Centre by subway or by foot and it is very close to city centre (downtown). There is also a gym, party room, air conditioning/heat in the apartment with security concierge. In lieu of a door, we have curtains but you can get a pane/fence. I love traveling, coffee, arts and sports. My fiance Farhan is here on weekends due to his job and we speak English, Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin) and Urdu. We can provide halal meat if needed.
- Internet Access
- Gym at home
- Air Conditioning
Bedrooms available for booking
About the Area
My apartment is located 5 minutes to subway and bus stop, and close to universities, museums (Royal Ontario Museum and Gardiner Museum), with Yorkville Plaza and Manulife Centre (with cinema) steps away. Eaton Centre is 10 minutes by subway and there is Whole Foods & PC supermarket within walking distance. It is downtown but also close to parks.
Local Area Facilities
- Shopping Centre
- Bus Stop
- Train station
Hosts can offer a complimentary light breakfast at their discretion. All other meals will incur an additional cost. Meals and any additional payment should be arranged directly with your host.
Included in the stay
- Complimentary Light Breakfast
- Use of Kitchen
Available on request at an extra cost
- Full Breakfast
- Packed lunch
Diet Type available on request
- Nut Allergies
1. Make sure that you lock the main doors when you leave the house.
2. Let us know if you will not be going home for the night or for several nights. Please advise when we can expect you to be back.
1. Common areas and rooms should be kept clean at all times. If you accidentally spill or made a mess in the common area, please clean up your mess.
2. You can use the vacuum to clean up your room. Make sure to return the vacuum to its proper place.
3. Keep your room clean at all times. We will check your room once in a while to make sure it is clean.
1. You are allowed to use the washer and dryer twice a week to laundry your clothes.
2. Be sure to check if the dryer is free of lint before loading it.
3. Please follow the precautions in using the machines (e.g. no flammable items in the dryer, etc.)
1. It is ok to put toilet paper in the toilet and flush it. Please do not put anything else in the toilet.
4. As a courtesy to the person you are sharing the bathroom with, please make sure that the bathroom is clean enough for the next person to use.
MEALS AND SNACKS
1. If you will not be eating at home for a particular meal, please let us know so we can avoid food wastage.
2. If you are going to be home late but would want to have your dinner, let us know. We will place your food in the fridge and you can heat it up when you are ready to eat.
1. We have unlimited internet plan, feel free to use it as much as you want.
2. If internet is down, please let us know so we can call our provider to fix it right away.
1. Smoking is not allowed inside the house. If you need to smoke, you can do so at the patio.
2. Liquor and drugs will not be tolerated.
1. If you are expecting a guest, please let us know beforehand. This is our home and we want to know if there’s anybody coming to our home.
2. If you want your guest to stay overnight please ask our permission first. If we permit the guest to stay we will be charging you for the cost of the staying for the night.
OTHER HOUSE RULES
1. Please turn off lights (your room, washroom and common areas) and water when not in use.
2. Let us know if are planning to buy appliances for your room (e.g. television, game console, etc.). We would be charging additional utilities for appliances.
Smoking is not allowed.
How do I book?
Contact the host to check their availability and ask them any questions you have about staying with them. Once the host confirms they’re available for your dates, you can complete your booking.
When do I pay?
Once a host confirms they're available, you can go ahead and pay the 15% booking fee (maximum of 199 $£€ for longer term bookings) using a choice of payment methods: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Maestro, Laser, JCB & PayPal (not available in certain countries). You then pay your host on arrival or as stated by your host on their profile and agreed by you on booking. Please be cautious if a host requests advance payment if its not included on their profile. Our hosts have been advised that if they wish to request advance payment they must make this explicit in their profile. We do not recommend the use of Money gram or Western Union.
When can I share my contact details?
Host and Guest email address, phone number and home address will be exchanged in a confirmation email sent to both immediately after a booking is completed. It's against our policy for Guests and Hosts to exchange direct contact details via our messaging system.