About the Homestay
English speaking, Canadian born and raised Professional Educator with over 10 years homestay/roomstay experience; involved in the Arts and Citywide groups. Have cats & love animals (with fur only). 1 fully furnished bedroom available for homestay/roomstay (Girls only) with access to full home. Piano in home. Located in upscale uptown area within walking distance of major shopping mall, banks, transit system, pools, libraries, groc. stores. Respected | Reliable | Courteous |Guests must show proof of double COVID vaccination status.
- Pets Indoor
- Internet Access
- Smoke alarm
- Non Smoking
Bedrooms available for booking
About the Area
Located on the 20th floor, in an upscale area of the City. Bus stops at the door. 10 minutes walk to Subway and major shopping mall, grocery stores (Canadian and Asian). Close to many school and Post Secondary Educational Institutions. Quiet area, walking trails and parks. Beautiful panoramic view of City including lake. 15 minutes to downtown Toronto. Overlooking Golf Course.
Local Area Facilities
- Shopping Centre
- Sports arena
- Health club
- Bus Stop
- Train station
Hosts can offer a complimentary light breakfast at their discretion. All other meals, including a full breakfast, might incur an additional cost, if offered. Meals and any additional payment should be arranged directly with your host.
Included in the stay
- Complimentary Light Breakfast
- Use of Kitchen
Available on request at an extra cost
- Half Board
- Full Board
Diet Type available on request
- Nut Allergies
I hope you enjoy your stay in Canada and look forward to sharing my home and time with you.
• Last months rent (Deposit/Hold fee) is due upon booking of room. This will secure the room for you to stay.
• Remaining fees payable upon arrival.
• Students must stay for a minimum of 10 month or 1 year. (noncancellable as per contract)
• A signed contract must be signed upfront prior to arrival, by student (if over 19). No substitute signatures.
• Unlimited wi-fi is provided free of charge. The code and password will be given to you upon arrival.
• All bedding, blankets, pillows are provided free of charge, however you are free to bring your own if you prefer.
• On site laundry facilities are provided. It is the student’s responsibility to do their washing of their own cloths and bedding. This should be completed weekly.
• No changes may be made to the furniture or fixtures in the room, unless discussed with host prior.
• All rooms in the home are air conditioned and temperature controlled for your pleasure.
• No over-nite guests are allowed in the home, unless discussed with host prior to.
• Students friends are invited to visit in the home however, If having a friend over to visit, it is good to always check with host first.
• Balcony doors and main entrance door cannot be left open.
• Host will do all cooking in the home, unless the host introduces the student to the cooking facilities in the home and the student shows responsibility in cooking. The host recognizes many of the students like to do some of their own cooking.
• Host will provide 3 quality meals to the student daily. A variety of Canadian/Asian food will be served throughout the stay.
• Host will introduce the student to shopping malls, help them attain transit passes upon arrival.
• Host will help student obtain cel phone and carrier if they do not have one.
• Host will take student to places of interest throughout their stay i.e. Niagara Falls, various festivals and outings (day trips only) – student is responsible for any and all out of pocket expense incurred on such trips. i.e. maid of the mist ride etc.
• Students over the age of 18 must be in the home by 12 midnight each night, unless alternate arrangements have been made and discussed with host.
• Host will make every effort to help student. i.e. study, drive to and from exams etc.
• Host will drive the student to school every morning (free of charge) if the school is in a reasonable distance.
• No loud noise
• No alcohol or other substances allowed
• No smoking/vaping/incense or other carcinogenic substances
• Students need to be respectful of other students living in the house and treat all people in a respectful manner at all times.
• Any medical conditions i.e. allergies need to be brought to the attention of the host, prior to moving in.
• English is spoken in the home.
• Students are responsible to keep clean their room and the shared bathroom with the other student, and no water or garbage is left on counter tops etc.
• If parents are visiting and wanting to stay with student a separate fee will be charged for the length of time of stay.
• If student returns home for summer months student/custodian/parent is still responsible to pay rent on room, however the month rental will be reduced somewhat. This fee is paid upfront prior to leaving for the summer.
• There is no ‘sub-leasing’ of rooms allowed from student to student.
• Please remember this is a home not a hotel and is your home away from home while studying.
Smoking is not allowed.
How do I book?
Contact the host to check their availability and ask them any questions you have about staying with them. Once the host confirms they’re available for your dates, you can complete your booking.
When do I pay?
Once a host confirms they're available, you can go ahead and pay the 15% booking fee (maximum of 250 $£€ for longer term bookings) using a choice of payment methods: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Maestro, Laser, JCB & PayPal (not available in certain countries). You then pay your host on arrival or as stated by your host on their profile and agreed by you on booking. Please be cautious if a host requests advance payment if its not included on their profile. Our hosts have been advised that if they wish to request advance payment they must make this explicit in their profile. We do not recommend the use of Money gram or Western Union.
When can I share my contact details?
Host and Guest email address, phone number and home address will be exchanged in a confirmation email sent to both immediately after a booking is completed. It's against our policy for Guests and Hosts to exchange direct contact details via our messaging system.