About the Homestay
Comfortable basement suite in a 100-year-old recently renovated house for females.
Quiet, safe neighborhood, a fifteen-minute drive, or twenty-minute bus ride from the city center. Friendly family with a small and cute pet dog.
Presently, we have Bedrooms 2 and 3 available to female homestay students only. Bedroom one is currently occupied by a long-term female tenant, and we do not want to let Bedroom 2 to a male because our female tenant may have privacy issues if she shared a bathroom with a male.
The suite is separated from the main house so you can have 'me time' and privacy whenever you want.
The suite has a well-equipped kitchen, a front room with 60 + channel TV and Netflix, two bedrooms, so you could be living with another student, a bathroom with shower (no bathtub), and a study area.
The suite is a pet free zone - sorry, we have had too many problems with guest pets and our territorial dog!
We offer a significant discount for guests who want to pay in advance via electronic banking.
- Bikes for use
- Internet Access
- Smoke alarm
Bedrooms available for booking
About the Area
Lots of amenities nearby including a large supermarket and a great coffee shop (Much better than Starbucks). Nice places to walk, with three parks nearby.
Two bus routes to town within 2 minutes walk and a Skytrain station 15 minutes walk away.
Completely safe and relaxed atmosphere.
Local Area Facilities
- Shopping Centre
- Bus Stop
- Train station
Hosts can offer a complimentary light breakfast at their discretion. All other meals will incur an additional cost. Meals and any additional payment should be arranged directly with your host.
Included in the stay
- Use of Kitchen
Available on request at an extra cost
- Full Breakfast
Diet Type available on request
2. Smoking is not permitted in the house.
3. The casual consumption of alcohol is permitted only if the student is of legal drinking age (19). Drinking to excess may result in termination of contract.
4. The home stay student must abide by all local laws and regulations.
5. The possession and/or use of illicit drugs will not be tolerated and will result in termination of contract.
6. The home stay student is responsible for any loss or damage caused to the home stay property.
7. The student is expected to pay for all items not explicitly provided by the host and detailed in this contract (personal care items, long distance calling cards, activity expenses, taxi, extra meals or snacks, school equipment, clothing etc.)
8. The student must have current and complete medical insurance coverage.
9. The home stay host is not responsible for any lost, damaged or stolen items belonging to the student.
10. Violation of any Canadian laws will result in contract termination without refund.
11. Breaking of any of these rules may result in contract termination without refund.
12. The home stay student must keep their room neat and tidy.
Smoking is not allowed.
Robert took really great care of us, and made every effort to ensure that our stay was as comfortable as it can get (and it certainly was!). The location was also very convenient, being nearby to a major street with good eateries and plenty of shops, and to two major bus routes into town, including a direct bus route all the way to Stanley Park. Would strongly recommend!
Had a lovely 4 week stay here! It's an decently sized basement flat attached to the main house with all the amenities you'll need. The only issue I had at the start was the height; I'm 6ft 2 so my head swept the ceiling on more than a few occasions, but it's very much minor and didn't detract from my experience.
The hosts are also lovely. It was a pleasure getting to know Rob and Yvette. I highly recommend staying here.
How do I book?
Contact the host about your stay - tell them a little about yourself, why you are staying and ask any questions you have about their homestay. You will be able to book immediately after sending your message.
When do I pay?
Once a host confirms they're available, you can go ahead and pay the 15% booking fee (maximum of 199 $£€ for longer term bookings) using a choice of payment methods: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Maestro, Laser, JCB & PayPal (not available in certain countries). You then pay your host on arrival or as stated by your host on their profile and agreed by you on booking. Please be cautious if a host requests advance payment if its not included on their profile. Our hosts have been advised that if they wish to request advance payment they must make this explicit in their profile. We do not recommend the use of Money gram or Western Union.
When can I share my contact details?
Host and Guest email address, phone number and home address will be exchanged in a confirmation email sent to both immediately after a booking is completed. It's against our policy for Guests and Hosts to exchange direct contact details via our messaging system.