About the Homestay
Casa S is 2 mins. walk to the sea front (The Malecón) in Centro Havana, on the Second (top) floor of a Spanish style building, by walking distance 20 mins. to The Capitol & Old Havana, 5 mins. to the University of Havana, Hotel Habana Libre and National Hotel and local cultural hub of the city.
Very good news! Now you could get mobile simcard and could be connected everywhere in Havana. It is economical, and much less hassle to buy it when you arrive at airport.
Casa S is a family project, the uncle left Cuba and reside in HK; his apartment has turned into an economic and social project which supports 4 jobs for family and daily expenses for two old parents. We love to host people who are interested in Cuban culture and education!
- From the balcony and rooftop, you have a glimpse of the seafront and the city center.
- The closest local turquoise color beach is just 30 mins away by taxi.
- We have rooms for 1 to 6 people.You can book room 1 (for two people), room 1&2 (for 4 people), room 3 (for two people), or the Whole house (for six people)
- Room 1&2 in fact is a two separate rooms with a shared big bathroom at the price
of one! Host up to 4 people.
-We have an inflatable bed for extra person, each costs 5 cuc per night.
-All rooms have windows and new air-conditioning and mattress
- Our family members Marilys, Mayling and Freyre fluent speaks English and Pedro learning to speak it
- We are keen to host students and travelers who like to enjoy culture, art, religions, sports, scenery and nature, and the life in the Community.
- We have hosted and facilitated events, interview, documentary done by international journalists and media people.
- For students, we offer cheap long stay only that they have to pay electricity. Cuban's electricity for a month per aircon is around 10 to 20cuc per month depending on the use
- We offer pickup service from airport; book rooms in other provinces.
- We could cook meaty and vegetarian food for guests with local flavor, and also let guests accessible to our kitchen if you want special diet or want to cook for yourselves!
- Gladly we help to shape and make your travel/ stay plan.
You are welcome in our house. We look forward to meeting you!
Family of Casa S
- Internet Access
- Air Conditioning
Bedrooms available for booking
About the Area
Casa S is just a block from the sea front, 20 minutes walk to the Old Havana, 5 minutes to the University of Havana and historic Hotel Havana Libre and the old National Hotel; in short, it is right at the heart of the city centre.
Local Area Facilities
- Shopping Centre
- Bus Stop
- Train station
Hosts can offer a complimentary light breakfast at their discretion. All other meals will incur an additional cost. Meals and any additional payment should be arranged directly with your host.
Included in the stay
- Complimentary Light Breakfast
- Use of Kitchen
Available on request at an extra cost
- Full Breakfast
- Half Board
- Full Board
- Packed lunch
Diet Type available on request
1. We offer with pleasure all the information and assistance you need.
2. Smoking is not allowed neither in the rooms nor bathrooms nor dining room. But you can smoke in the balcony and in the roof-terrace.
3. Upon arrival we will give you a brief guide regarding the appropriate use of facilities of the property, this will help our city in saving electricity, gas and water.
4. Taxi Payment must be done at the airport.
5. You can change currency right at the airport. The rate is similar at government-run exchange shop everywhere in the country.
6. When you arrive the first day in Casa S, we require you to pay FULLY the rent of the total duration of your booking.
7. Cancellation Policy: Prior to arriving Casa S, you may cancel or change through Homestay. This is the best for both parties. The earlier the better as the income is critical for the living of Casa S.
8. However, if you want to cancel booking on your arrival in Casa S on the FIRST DAY, you may cancel but we require payment of 70% of the total of dates of cancellation. We appreciate your understanding that it is a modest family business, unexpected cancellation of reserved dates will greatly affect the family meet its needs in daily life. Please, formalize your cancellation in Homestay as soon as possible since that will give us more chance to new reservations.
9. For the Homestay guests, arriving at the house, registration and full payment of total no. of days is expected due to the fact that the government requires strict procedure regarding traveler’s information and substantial tax payment by Casa S.
10. Any loss of keys and locks of the building, apartment and room will be demanded a fee of 30 CUC for any replacement as they are expensive items to substitute.
11. If you accidentally breaks a household item (a glass, a cup, bedding, furniture, etc. ), it is welcome any donation for repairing and purchasing.
12. If ever there are problems with water, hot water, or electricity , we will refund 10% of the cost of booking. If you have problem of these facilities, quickly tell us and we will fix as soon as possible.
13. You are responsible to the conduct of the person who brought home. The exercise of prostitution, pimping, orgies, illicit sales and games, and subversive activities are not allowed.
14. Please do not cause discomfort (noise, insults, etc.) to the other guests and neighbors, and be sure that the doors are close when you leave the apartment and the building.
15. If you invite someone to sleep with you in the house, you must register with their ID card (if national) or passport (if not national) with us as it is compulsory specified by our government.
16. You can use the kitchen and refrigerator to prepare and preserve food.
17. Please, don t open the door to persons that you don’t know.
18. Upon completion of your stay, please be sure to leave us the keys and not leave any belongings.
Thanks for your understanding. We wish you a wonderful stay in our country and our House S, sharing with us. Do not the slightest doubt that we will strive to offer the best. Any suggestion and recommendation are welcome.
Family of Casa S: Pedro, Marilys, Mayling, Freyre, Odalys, y Rosa.
Smoking is not allowed.
Great host and appartment!
We stayed with Pedro in his house called Casa S. Pedro was an amazing host. He picked us up from the airport and arranged our stay in Trinidad even arranged our transport from Havana. Together with his family he made us feel home. We loved neighbourhood and we walked to the old Havana as the house is not far from the places we wanted to visit. The house was clean and it filled our expectations. We loved our Cuban experience and no doubt without Pedro's help would had been different. We highly recommend this place for anyone who wants to taste a truly experience in Havana.
Lieber Pedro, liebe Marylis,
unser Kubaurlaub startete bei euch mit einem herzlichen Empfang. Die Sprachbarrieren wurden in englisch, mit einem offline-Sprachwörterbuch und mit kreativer Mimik und Gestik gemeistert. Ihr habt uns wunderbar unterstützt, wie beispielsweise das Taxi collectivo bestellt oder weitere Reisetipps gegeben.
Die Wohnung befindet sich in einem Mehrfamilienhaus im dritten oder vierten OG. Das Treppenhaus ist sehr eng und für großes Gepäck eine Herausforderung. Die Zimmer sind klein, mit einer Klimaanlage ausgestattet und haben ein Bad mit Dusche. Im Gemeinschaftsraum steht ein Kühlschrank. Das große Frühstück ist abwechslungsreich: Brot, Eieromlett, Wurst und Käse, etwas Butter und Marmelade, Pedros Spezial-Kaffee (sehr lecker).
Danke für die guten Gespräche, die Unterstützung und euer Vertrauen. Liebe Grüße auch an Rosa und deine Schwester
Regina und Ralf
We really enjoyed our stay at"Casa S"!
Pedro and his wife were really kind and were very helpful at planning our trip around Cuba.
The Casa is only two blocks away from the Malecon. For the old town of Havanna, you have to walk about 15 minutes.
The rooms were very clean and every room has its own bathroom.
The house was cute, close to La Rampa and the Malecon. Pedro picked us up from the airport, but him and his wife don’t live at the apartment unfortunately. We where hoping for more of an authentic stay which was how it sounded on their page.
Beds weren’t the most comfortable, the living room was good space to chill between sightseeing. Breakfast was very basic, in other casa there was a larger breakfast included.
Unfortunately it was below the standard of our further nights in Cuba.
Pedro was an amazing host : he helped us to plan our trip in Cuba. His home was very nice and we were thrilled to stay with him !
The first days at Pedro's casa were nice: nice breakfast, clean room, clean shower. We talked a bit which was also fun. However, at the last day everything changed.
There seemed to be a miscommunication about what time the taxi should bring us to the airport (a service Pedro offers). The taxi arrived at 5 in the morning instead of 5 in the afternoon, although, we already sent our flight details and time in some emails before. We came to know that his sister in law, who lives in Hong Kong takes care of the emails from homestay and Pedro himself barely speaks English (and our Spanish is also not good). This all was not a problem for us until Pedro seemed to blame us for the miscommunication: we asked if we could have breakfast at which we get an angry reply and he refused to make it. We already apologized for the fact that he had to wake up early, but this was not our fault, so his respond was really out of place and I decided to start a conversation about it and showed him our emails. Then he said sorry and eventually made our breakfast at 12.30. All seemed right now but at the time we were walking downstairs to get our taxi it appeared we had to share it with 2 other guests for 25 cuc per couple for 1 taxi. So 50 cuc in total for one taxi while normally it's 25 CUC per taxi to the airport. Pedro rapidly closed the taxi door, hoping we would drive off and pay the extra 25 CUC. Even the taxi driver was angry at him and yelled "open the door." Pedro just said: you have to pay the driver for coming at 5 in the morning and then walked away. It wasn't that he only disadvantaged us for giving us the blame for his own mistake, but also the other guests (which were frustrated as well) because they were told that they would get their own taxi for the same price. At the end we payed the taxi driver the 25 CUC(and the other guests also payed 25 CUC) because we could understand that the blame was not on the driver and labour should be compensated. We could clearly see that the taxi driver didn't like the situation Pedro put us in as well.
This all made us very disappointed in Pedro and our last moments in Havana and really made a dark spot on our holidays. We left with a bitter feeling because we trusted Pedro. For us it wasn't about the money, but about the way he treated us as guests. We would not recommend spending time at this casa even though it 'seems' a nice place. He is not great at solving problems.
Muy buena atención y con gran comodidad
This guest awarded the host 5 hearts but didn’t leave any comments.
This guest awarded the host 3 hearts but didn’t leave any comments.
How do I book?
Contact the host to check their availability and ask them any questions you have about staying with them. Once the host confirms they’re available for your dates, you can complete your booking.
When do I pay?
Once a host confirms they're available, you can go ahead and pay the 15% booking fee (maximum of 199 $£€ for longer term bookings) using a choice of payment methods: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Maestro, Laser, JCB & PayPal (not available in certain countries). You then pay your host on arrival or as stated by your host on their profile and agreed by you on booking. Please be cautious if a host requests advance payment if its not included on their profile. Our hosts have been advised that if they wish to request advance payment they must make this explicit in their profile. We do not recommend the use of Money gram or Western Union.
When can I share my contact details?
Host and Guest email address, phone number and home address will be exchanged in a confirmation email sent to both immediately after a booking is completed. It's against our policy for Guests and Hosts to exchange direct contact details via our messaging system.