About the Homestay
Near the famous Malecon (3 blocks walking distance). 2 houses -with external comunication- ideal for family and groups: first house with 4 rooms with bathroom, inner courtyard. Second house: 4 rooms with 3 bathroom and also inner courtyard. Near Hotel Nacional, Habana Libre, Universidad de La Habana and Av. 23 (nigth life).
- Bikes for use
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Air Conditioning
Bedrooms available for booking
About the Area
The house is located on the border between Vedado and Centro Habana. Very close to Malecón and 23 Street.
Local Area Facilities
- Shopping Centre
- Bus Stop
Please note that only a light breakfast is included in the room rate. All other meals will incur an additional cost. Meals and any additional payment should be arranged directly with your host.
Included in the stay
- Light Breakfast
Available on request at an extra cost
- Full Breakfast
- Half Board
- Full Board
- Packed lunch
* For security reasons, we DO NOT give keys to the main door to our guests, and we ONLY provide room keys.
* A person will be at home 24 hours a day to open and close the main door.
* Guests have to ring when they arrive at the guest house (Calle Vapor 156).
* A housekeeper will be at the guest house every day from 9 am to 5 pm. She will clean rooms per request. Please use the signs available in the rooms to indicate this.
* The owners Miguel & Martín speak English and French but we are at home only at nights because we work as Doctor and Economist. Our stuff don't speak English, if you have any inconveniences please ask the stuff to call us.
* Towels and sheets are changed every three (3) days.
* Breakfast service is offered at extra cost (6 CUC) from 7 am to 10:30 am. Dinners are available on request at extra cost as well (10-12 CUC), see the menu on your rooms. Light breakfast included in the price of the room is one coffee or milk and bread.
* In every room there is a security SAFE. We suggest that our guests put their personal effects and valuables in the safes. This guest house is not responsible for any stolen or lost items.
* Local residents are welcomed, but they MUST be registered, according to local regulations.
* Upon arrival your balance has to be payed. Our rates are IN EUROS. If you prefer to pay in CUC (we accept this but applyng the rates of selling euros at bank, this never is 1 to 1). If you prefer to pay in US$ (remember that in Cuba dollars are taxed so 15% will pay you: 1 US$ = 0.85 CUC, so never 1 to 1).
* We are willing to orientate, help or suggest activities or what to do / where to go.
* If you want to go to some restaurant, remember it is better to book before. Ask our stuff to do this for you.
Smoking is allowed outdoors only.
Our stay with Martin and Miguel in Habana was a very memorable one. It was a fantastic welcome from the time we landed in Habana. The accommodation was very clean and comfortable, The staffs were great and very attentive. Fresh breakfast every morning .They even cooked us a local meal one night and it was delicious. Martin organised all our tours in Cuba which was a big help as we don’t speak Spanish. I would highly recommend this homestay.
We will definite stay with M&M again
We Greatly enjoyed our stay in this colourful local area and there was always someone in the house to help us out with our many questions. Comfortable beds, clean rooms and helpful staff contributed to a great first time experience for us in la Habana
i would give 6 stars out of 5 if I could, my stay at Miguel's hostel was very pleasant
-Miguel speaks perfect English and he would help out all his guests as best as he could. (Thanks for the recommendation to the Fabrica)
-While Miguel is not present in the house, his staff are more than happy to assist the guests.
-Decor is very modern, and rooms/common area are kept clean at all times.
-Shared bathroom is kept clean as well
-Very quiet at night, did not notice any noise from other guests nor from the street.
-Good location, minutes walk to Calle 23, Malecon, Hotel Nacional and Habana Libre
This cads was Wonderful-- Miguel and martin were so helpful in making my stay worthwhile-- my baggage was delayed 2 days and they encouraged me to go out and leave that worry behind-- and that extra push really turned my trip around for me -- thank you m&m and the staff that were there 24-7 for all your help. X
This guest awarded the host 5 hearts but didn’t leave any comments.
This is a great hostel to stay at. The location is on a relatively quiet street, however you do occasionally hear some noise from the apartments upstairs (overly load conversations, TV and music). The rooms have amazingly high ceilings and the windows and doors have been lovingly restored. Enrique is a real treasure! He made my stay! He was always available to help out with any questions and he was always eager to be sure that everything was well organised. I only wish that my Spanish was better so I could have told Enrique how much I appreciated his help and friendliness. I would highly recommend staying here.
We had a really nice stay at Miguel and Martin's casa. The hosts do not live on site and there are staff on duty 24-hours a day, which is reassuring. We had breakfast cooked for us in the morning for about £5 per person, which was a fun way to start the day, sitting in the central courtyard with the AstroTurf decoration.
The building has eight bedrooms across to adjacent houses - you have to buzz to gain access and a member of staff will let you in (there is no curfew). We had the twin room off reception which was fine but not as nice as some of the other rooms, which are freshly painted and have daylight. The fridge full of drinks was a nice touch (you have to pay for them). The pillows were quite hard. There is air con though which is good.
The other problem was that the room opens on to the "lobby", which was a bit weird at first and as the doors have frosted glass panels we had to turn out all the lights in this public area before going to sleep. This might have been annoying for other guests staying (there are two other rooms in this house). Music from upstairs neighbours is often played loudly early in the evening.
Sheets and towels were provided but not super new/luxurious. Soap is provided in the bathroom, which is shared with one other bedroom. Luckily no one else was there when we stayed so we had it to ourselves. The shower was sometimes cool and water pressure a little weak but not too bad.
The best thing about the stay was the service and support from Martin and his team. We had a problem with our car rental and he didnt hesitate to help by making phone calls on our behalf and waiting in one evening for the guy to come and collect it. I was very grateful for this. They both speak great English and offer a casa that is far superior to most places in Havana - a modern renovation of an old house (the ceilings are so high!) The floors have beautiful original tilework. There is no wifi available. The location near the Malecon is great but it's a long walk to the old town (get a taxi). I would definitely recommend this property to other travellers!
Un Excelente destino para conocer. Desde que llegas a la casa te reciben de una manera muy calurosa y especial, te dan recomendaciones de los que podrías hacer en tus días en la habana que son muy útiles. En la casa podrás encontrar un auto antiguo que puedes rentar para recorrer la habana (muy recomendado). la Habana es para disfrutarla, caminarla y vivirla. La casa esta en una muy buena ubicación. también recomiendo tomar el turibus que tiene una estación en el hotel habana libre que queda muy cerca de la casa.