About the Homestay
Near the famous Malecon (3 blocks walking distance). 3 houses -with external comunication- ideal for family and groups: First house with 4 rooms with bathroom, inner courtyard. Second house: 4 rooms with 3 bathroom and also inner courtyard. Third house (on first floor): 4 rooms with 3 bathroom and a balcony. Near Hotel Nacional, Habana Libre, Universidad de La Habana and Av. 23 (nigth life).
- Bikes for use
- Air Conditioning
Bedrooms available for booking
About the Area
The house is located on the border between Vedado and Centro Habana. Very close to Malecón and 23 Street.
Local Area Facilities
- Shopping Centre
- Bus Stop
Please note that only a light breakfast is included in the room rate. All other meals will incur an additional cost. Meals and any additional payment should be arranged directly with your host.
Included in the stay
- Light Breakfast
Available on request at an extra cost
- Full Breakfast
- Half Board
- Full Board
- Packed lunch
* For security reasons, we DO NOT give keys to the main door to our guests, and we ONLY provide room keys.
* A person will be at home 24 hours a day to open and close the main door.
* Guests have to ring when they arrive at the guest house (Calle Vapor 156).
* A housekeeper will be at the guest house every day from 9 am to 5 pm. She will clean rooms per request. Please use the signs available in the rooms to indicate this.
* The owners Miguel & Martín speak English and French but we are at home only at nights because we work as Doctor and Economist. Our stuff don't speak English, if you have any inconveniences please ask the stuff to call us.
* Towels and sheets are changed every three (3) days.
* A free light breakfast (coffee/bread) is served to our guests by the site Homestay. Beside this we offer a full Breakfast at extra cost (6 CUC) from 7 am to 10:30 am. Dinners are available on request at extra cost as well (10-12 CUC), see the menu on your rooms. Light breakfast included in the price of the room is one coffee or milk and bread.
* In every room there is a security SAFE. We suggest that our guests put their personal effects and valuables in the safes. This guest house is not responsible for any stolen or lost items.
* Local residents are welcomed, but they can NOT ACCESS TO ROOMS, according to local regulations. If a local will stay more than one hour in the room he/she has to be registered and guest pay 30 CUC.
* Upon arrival your balance has to be payed. Our rates are in CUC. If you prefer paying in US$ (remember that in Cuba dollars are taxed so 15% will pay you: 1 US$ = 0.85 CUC, so never 1 to 1).
* If a guest don't arrive the first day of their booking they have to pay the complete balance otherwise we can not accept this booking.
* We are willing to orientate, help or suggest activities or what to do / where to go.
* If you want to go to some restaurant, remember it is better to book before. Ask our stuff to do this for you.
Smoking is allowed outdoors only.
It was an amazing experience when I stayed with host Miguel in may,it's a great location and the staff there could not have been more helpful thank you for making our stay in Havana so enjoyable.
We had a great stay at Miguels place. The rooms are beautifull and clean. The breakfast is tasty. And everybody was very kind. We even went back for our last night in Habana.
Petra en Ali
This guest awarded the host 4 hearts but didn’t leave any comments.
First have to say I was welcomed with kindness and felt like family. Traveling solo plus my Spanish is little but Miguel assisted me in where to go...especially great food. My private room with bath was spotless and yes plenty of hot water and AC kept me very cool. Had full morning full meal deal ....plenty of food and yes piping hot coffee. Location is easy walking distance to local attractions plus short taxi ride to old Havana. Happy to return again..
MyM Habana Eco Rent House
Booked 13-16 March 2017
This house is not the place for the person who search the tranquility, the professionalism and extremely important: Discretion!
The first moment when I approached the apartment, the owner of the apartment was not at home; One temperament for owner confidential Cuban girl, with paper, mobile and pen in hand, received me.
She said, the first welcome coffee is free of cost. But the room I have to pay at once. Okay.
She begin, me the owner are not at home, they are two men, living together in they private life as the partners; and her face showed me a grimace of abhorrence. I was just shocked with reaction of so direct confidential girl of the owner in this house.
Then she started asking me very rude and indiscreet questions. Who is the person who will come to you? Where yo will go after you leave the room here? As I answered to her that she is not professional, that she have to learn a good relation with the international clients, to be very discreet and very correct, she was extremely arrogant at this moment, began to quarrel with me.
Finally, she said me: the welcome coffee is not more gratis, you have to pay. And I paid it. Very sad, without any culture and with full arrogance.
For third day, I didn’t come more to be in the room, although I have paid this day.
Very nice big and clean room and bathroom. Excellent service. Good extra breakfast.
had a great time in Havana for six days in March last year.
We wanted to go to the Tropicana, so not only did they arrange transportation in a 1951 Chevy convertible, but Miguel met us there personally to give us our tickets and to explain the process. When our son was told, that he could not wear shorts into the performance, Miguel found pants for him to wear so that he too could enjoy the performance. These people are so helpful, it is like having personal connoisseurs. They also found us a driver who spoke English to take us to Vinales to visit the tobacco farms. Although, I can't speak too highly of his transportation, a 1950's Jeep Willy with bad shocks... But, he was an amazing tourist guide. The location of this Homestay is located in Central Havana, (between Veradero, where a lot of the hotels exist, and Havana Vieja), a 5 CUC peso distance with a hailed taxi on the street. The neighborhood is safe and lively, although in dire need of repair and some paint. But it is a 7 minute walk to Avenida 23 where the jazz club and other fun clubs exist. Which all add up to the flavor of Cuba.
I completely love this establishment and the staff! Miguel was very personable and eager to help. His staff and I acted out senaorios because of my very little Spanish. It was fun! They were also extremely helpful and I felt comfortable and safe. I was especially pleased with the convenience of exchanging my USD with CUC onsite. I didn't have to find an exchange place and that just saved time. My sisters and I thoroughly enjoyed our visit and we cannot wait to return again. Trust me it's well worth it.
We had a nice stay at M&M, it's a mid-range 'bed and breakfast' option between the casa particular homestays and the hotels, which can be pricey on a per night rate. Breakfast was fine but there's no variation, so we didn't always eat at the casa. They organise day trips which is really helpful but it's incredibly expensive - we paid 200 CUC for a return journey to Jibacoa which is about an hour away from Havana. We'd suggest hiring a car if this is possible or locating your own driver if you're able to find one. The room was basic but had all the key essentials such as air con, en-suite with a hot shower, towels etc. The common area and courtyard can get loud but it didn't affect the overall experience as I was only woken up once (typically on the night I arrived, jet-lagged). Other than that, Miguel and Martin were both incredibly welcoming and I cannot fault the warmth shown by them.