About the Homestay
colonial apartment with three bedrooms with private bathrooms each, dining room, kitchen and balconies all around the house and rooms where you can see the whole neighborhood and sunbathing, first floor at the beginning of the old Havana to 50 meters from the capitol, 100m from Havana's great theater 200m from Chinatown, home of music and tobacco factory. Restaurants and places of interest, if you want to know Havana from my balconies you can appreciate much of it.
The neighborhood is safe, surprising for its variety of architectural styles,. You do not have to take a taxi to go to the places most frequently visited by Cubans and foreigners.
Close to places of interest.
• The Malecón, a point of reference par excellence of this city of sea lover, along coastal esplanade where music, friendship, love, happiness and sadness all have their part.
• The Historic Center of Old Havana. World Heritage Site, which is one of the oldest and best preserved urban spaces in South America and an atmospheric historic masterpiece.
• The Christ of Havana, a powerful sculpture that presides over the entrance to the Bay of Havana
• The Museum of Fine Arts (Cuban and International Art).
• Museum of the Revolution: Built between 1913 and 1920, it is located in the former Presidential Palace.
• Ron Museum.
• The Capitol Building
• Prado Street: It is the first street outside the walls of the city. The original idea was to create a boulevard as splendid as any that is in Paris or Barcelona with famous bronze lions guarding the central promenade.
• Partagas cigars factory: one of the oldest and most famous cigar factories in Havana, founded in 1845.
• Morro-Cabaña Park, a place to witness a curious nighttime tradition, Ceremonia de Toma el 9 O 'Cañón de reloj
• 2 blocks from our house there is the Central Park where you can take the bus for a tour of the city and go to the Plaza de la Revolución for only $ 5.00 cuc with a tour guide or just take another bus to go to Playas del Este , a succession of excellent beaches.
• Excellent banks, shops, cafes, bars and restaurants are everywhere.
• Inglaterra Hotel: oldest hotel in Havana, it opened its doors in 1856.
- Non Smoking
- Allow Smoking
- Air Conditioning
Bedrooms available for booking
About the Area
Our house is located in the center of Havana on the same border of downtown Havana and Old Havana, 50 meters from the Capitol and Havana's great theater, the area is full of cafeteria, shops, bars and markets, the house of the Chinese neighborhood music and 200 meters from the hotels England, Central Park and the Plaza, is one of the best area according to the guests, if you want to know Havana from the balconies of the house you can appreciate much of it.
Local Area Facilities
- Shopping Centre
- Bus Stop
- Train station
Hosts can offer a complimentary light breakfast at their discretion. All other meals, including a full breakfast, might incur an additional cost, if offered. Meals and any additional payment should be arranged directly with your host.
Included in the stay
- Complimentary Light Breakfast
- Use of Kitchen
We are not very demanding, we are tolerant people, but educated. No excesses or drugs. We respect the individualities of people. We do not discriminate against anyone at all. It will be a pleasure to share the experience.
Smoking is allowed indoors and outdoors.
Really nice host, he helped us with the ATM and showed us his favourite places to eat.
Muy agradable el recibimiento de esta pareja cubana , el apartamento totalmente equipado e independiente , nos ofreció una oportunidad única de vivir una experiencia extraordinaria en pleno corazón de La Habana vieja , pudimos palpar la verdadera vida de Los habaneros y el calor y alegría de su gente .
Experiencia altamente recomendable ;))
This guest awarded the host 4 hearts but didn’t leave any comments.
Were cozy and clean and private place, great location right next to the El Capitolio. Great local restaurant next block and many more 5 min away. I needed an extra day but the casa was fully booked so Odalys and Louis find me a room across the street in 2minutes. I recommend the place!!
oh yeah and plenty of hot water for shower! ! !
The host cancelled the booking 70 days before the arrival date.
Very good hosts, very arranging, nice room, perfect location for accessing everything but the street is a bit noisy.
The stay with Odalys was great, the room was very clean and safe. The location is just great with two blocks from the Capitolio and all other major locations within walking distance. We had a great stay and I would recommend a stay at Odalys place for your trip to Havana!
odalys was very helpful and gave us all the info we needed. the room was clean and nice ! would suggest staying at his place
This guest awarded the host 4 hearts but didn’t leave any comments.
My friends and I stayed at Odalys' house for only a night. She and her husband were there to greet us when we arrived. The AC was nice and cool (It was like 90 degrees with 77% humidity). The house was clean. Sheets were washed and we enjoyed street views from the balconies.
This 3bed/3bath house is vacant and each room is rented individually. So, if you are looking to stay with someone who actually lives there, then this is not the house for you. Also, we made sure to rent all 3 bedrooms so that we didn't share the house with anyone else. It was 6 of us girls (2 in each room). It worked out perfect. You have a small kitchen, living room, balconies and bedrooms with bathrooms. The house is also 2 blocks behind the Capitolio and La Plaza Central. So you are a 5 minute walk to beautiful views and old classic car rentals.
We had a wonderful time and are already planning our return.
Thank you for everything Odalys (& husband) !!
How do I book?
Contact the host about your stay - tell them a little about yourself, why you are staying and ask any questions you have about their homestay. You will be able to book immediately after sending your message.
When do I pay?
Once a host confirms they're available, you can go ahead and pay the 15% booking fee (maximum of 250 $£€ for longer term bookings) using a choice of payment methods: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Maestro, Laser, JCB & PayPal (not available in certain countries). You then pay your host on arrival or as stated by your host on their profile and agreed by you on booking. Please be cautious if a host requests advance payment if its not included on their profile. Our hosts have been advised that if they wish to request advance payment they must make this explicit in their profile. We do not recommend the use of Money gram or Western Union.
When can I share my contact details?
Host and Guest email address, phone number and home address will be exchanged in a confirmation email sent to both immediately after a booking is completed. It's against our policy for Guests and Hosts to exchange direct contact details via our messaging system.