About the Homestay
On the road from Capitolio building to Plaza Vieja you will find Casa Amistad, a fantastic homestay in the real heart of old Havana. On the second floor of a stunning Art Nouveau style building from the 1913 is the home of Yadira, Lazaro and their daughter.
The apartment has been modified in 80's when the owner divided a part of the apartment in to two floors. So the apartment is a authentic mix of colonial and soviet era Cuba. There is cold and hot running water in the shower.
Breakfasts and dinners are offered for extra pay. Breakfasts include a variety of fresh tropical fruits and juice, also eggs served with season vegetables, bread and butter along with coffee, tea and milk. Dinners include a variety of Cuban foods.
The laundry service is also available when needed. If you need a taxi at your arrival at the International Airport “Jose Marti”, don’t hesitate on asking for it as it will be at your disposition.
The neighbourhood is safe, surprising for its variety of architectural styles, baroque, neo-gothic, neo-classical, eclectic, art nouveau, and art deco,
modernist and post-modernist. Streets that are both, ancient and modern, extraordinary and authentic, just waiting to be rediscovered. You don’t need to take a taxi to go to the most frequent visited places by Cuban and foreign people.
- Non Smoking
- Air Conditioning
Bedrooms available for booking
About the Area
Near places of interest.
• The Malecon, a quintessential landmark of this sea-loving city, along coastal esplanade where music, friendship, love, happiness and sadness all have their part.
• The Historic Centre of Old Havana. A world Heritage site, which is amongst the oldest and best preserved urban spaces in South America and an atmospheric historical masterpiece.
• The Christ of Havana, a powerful sculpture which presides over the entrance of Havana Bay
• The museum of Fine Arts (Cuban and International Art).
• Museum of the Revolution: Constructed between 1913 and 1920, it is housed in the former Presidential Palace.
• Museum of Rum.
• The Capitol Building
• Prado Street: It is the first street outside the old city walls. The original idea was to create a boulevard as splendid as any found in Paris or Barcelona with famous bronze lions that guard the central promenade.
• The Cigar Factory Partagas: one of Habana’s oldest and most famous cigar factories, founded in 1845.
• Morro-Cabana Park, a place to witness a curious night-time tradition, the 9 O’ clock Cannon Shot Ceremony
• 2 blocks from our house there is the Central Park where you can take the bus for a city tour and go to the Revolution square for only $ 5.00 cuc with a tour guide or just take the other bus to go to Playas del Este, a succession of excellent beaches.
• Banks, shops, cafeterias, bars and excellent restaurants are everywhere.
• Inglaterra Hotel: Havana’s oldest hotel, first opened its doors in 1856.
Local Area Facilities
- Shopping Centre
- Bus Stop
- Train station
Hosts can offer a complimentary light breakfast at their discretion. All other meals, including a full breakfast, might incur an additional cost, if offered. Meals and any additional payment should be arranged directly with your host.
Included in the stay
- Complimentary Light Breakfast
- Use of Kitchen
Available on request at an extra cost
- Full Breakfast
- Half Board
- Full Board
Smoking is not allowed.
Very nice family and a nice place in a good location. The communication worked very well and the breakfast was really nice. They offer to organize tours. They arranged concert tickets for us, which was absolutely great!
Leider wurde die Reise wegen der Coronapandemie storniert.
V close to the Capitalio in Old Havana, Lazarus and Yadira's home is right in the centre of the action and close to most of the popular tourist destinations. It was clean and mostly quiet. Lazarus tried to help us as much as possible with money exchange, where to get internet and places to go. However, there was no running water on two days (some parts of Old Havana suffer from poor water works during drought periods) and even on the first morning only after 8.30am. However, Lazarus kindly areanged for us another casa nearby for the same price. Good value for money but worth checking if the water is running.
Casa idéalement située dans la Havana Vieja, merci pour votre accueil chaleureux, un couple très discret qui nous a laissé un bon souvenir. Chambre très calme et propre avec 2 lits séparés, douche, WC, lavabo et rangements suffisants.
Lazaro et Yadira nous ont bien reçu. Ils furent très discrets en nous laissant l'espace de leur appartement. Très bonne localisation dans le vieil Havane à recommander.
Lazaro and Yadira received us well. They were very discreet in leaving us the space of their apartment. Very good location in old Havana to recommend.
The stay was zo nice, the location is perfect close to the city and some easy cocktail places. They help you with everything and are so helpful, I would definitely stay with them sgain.
Havanna war unsere erste Etappe auf Cuba.
Das Zimmer war sauber und das Frühstück lecker.
Wir haben uns willkommen gefühlt und sehr gut betreut. :)
Super family, friendly and helpfull, the room was nice and clean and with a perfect location. Not to mention the breakfast which was huge, healthy and with the best coffe in Havana. We absolutely loved to stay with the Yadira family. Thank you.
Nice location in Havana Vieja. Close to the square with the restaurants. The room and bathroom were clean and the family was very friendly and helpful. Was perfect for our last night in Cuba.
La casa di Yadira si trova al centro dell'Havana vecchia, a pochi passi dalle maggiori attrazioni della città. Lazaro, il marito di Yadira parla molto bene l'inglese ed è disponibile a fornire tutte le informazioni necessarie per conoscere la città. Hanno contattato loro il taxi che il giorno dell'arrivo è venuto a prenderci in aeroporto.
How do I book?
Contact the host to check their availability and ask them any questions you have about staying with them. Once the host confirms they’re available for your dates, you can complete your booking.
When do I pay?
Once a host confirms they're available, you can go ahead and pay the 15% booking fee (maximum of 199 $£€ for longer term bookings) using a choice of payment methods: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Maestro, Laser, JCB & PayPal (not available in certain countries). You then pay your host on arrival or as stated by your host on their profile and agreed by you on booking. Please be cautious if a host requests advance payment if its not included on their profile. Our hosts have been advised that if they wish to request advance payment they must make this explicit in their profile. We do not recommend the use of Money gram or Western Union.
When can I share my contact details?
Host and Guest email address, phone number and home address will be exchanged in a confirmation email sent to both immediately after a booking is completed. It's against our policy for Guests and Hosts to exchange direct contact details via our messaging system.