About the Homestay
The house is located in the central district of Centro Habana. It is right between Old Havana and Vedado. It is very easy to access famous places such as the Malecón, the Capitol, the alley of Hamel, Chinatown and the Ramp. It is a building of beginnings of the XX century that is in good condition of conservation, to which repairs and modifications have been made in its interior, maintaining and respecting the original facade.
- Air Conditioning
Bedrooms available for booking
About the Area
It is a very popular neighborhood where people love to get acquainted with foreigners who come to know the Cuban culture. It is less than 25 minutes from the airport by car and 2 kilometers from the historic center (Old Havana)
Local Area Facilities
- Shopping Centre
- Sports arena
- Bus Stop
- Train station
Hosts can offer a complimentary light breakfast at their discretion. All other meals will incur an additional cost. Meals and any additional payment should be arranged directly with your host.
Included in the stay
- Use of Kitchen
Available on request at an extra cost
- Full Breakfast
- Packed lunch
Diet Type available on request
1. Guests must make the payment of the lease, in advance or on the day of their arrival at "El Sol de San José", except in the cases in which the reservation is made through "Homestay", in which case the payment is made as stipulated by said agency.
2. Guests are obliged to take care of all the goods that the host puts at their disposal for the enjoyment of their stay. In case of loss, deterioration or breakage of any property, for reasons attributable to the guests, they are obliged to pay the prices stipulated in the inventory of each room.
3. Smoking is prohibited inside the rooms.
4. Guests can use household appliances and in-house facilities outside the room, after consulting the host.
5.The cleaning of the rooms, as well as the change of sheets and towels, is normally done every 3 nights, unless it is necessary to do it beforehand due to health issues or unforeseen causes.
6. At the time of entering or leaving the room and the house, the guest has the obligation to close both doors correctly.
7. The guest has the obligation to turn off the air conditioning equipment when leaving the room and "El Sol de San José".
8. The use of drugs or other psychotropic substances is forbidden, as is the practice of prostitution in all its manifestations within "El Sol de San José".
9. Cubans are only allowed access to the room when they are reported as permanent companions of the guest making the reservation, or when they directly make a reservation of accommodation in their own name. In no case is "occasional" access allowed to nationals, during the reservation of a foreigner or Cuban resident abroad.
10. The guest is obliged to deliver the room, at least 15 minutes before his departure time, to ensure correct review by the host.
Smoking is allowed outdoors only.
I have stayed at Bruno's casa 5 days and I really enjoyed it. Bruno and his aunt are lovely people, I felt like I was a part of the family, smiling, hospitable people, always ready to help in everything. Place is great and clean, great location as well, food was amazing, Bruno is the best chef!!!! Thank you for made my vacation unforgettable!!! I am coming back soon and definitely will stay at this place.
En el Sol de San José estuvimos muy bien atendidos, nos trataron como familia, se preocuparon mucho por nosotros!. La habitación es espaciosa, muy bonita, bien equipada y siempre muy limpia. La comunicación y relación fue siempre muy clara, respetuosa y afectuosa . La pasarán muy bien y se sentiran cómodos en esta casa! Muchas gracias Bruno, Solangel y Mercedes. Nos brindaron su cariño y todo lo necesario en nuestro viaje y estadía en la Habana
Gostamos muito da hospitalidade oferecida pelo Bruno e sua autentica familia cubana.... Esperamos regressar em tempo... Obrigado ao Homestay.com por possibilitar este encontro...Valeu...obrigado Bruno!!! Gracias Siempre
How do I book?
Contact the host about your stay - tell them a little about yourself, why you are staying and ask any questions you have about their homestay. You will be able to book immediately after sending your message.
When do I pay?
Once a host confirms they're available, you can go ahead and pay the 15% booking fee (maximum of 199 $£€ for longer term bookings) using a choice of payment methods: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Maestro, Laser, JCB & PayPal (not available in certain countries). You then pay your host on arrival or as stated by your host on their profile and agreed by you on booking. Please be cautious if a host requests advance payment if its not included on their profile. Our hosts have been advised that if they wish to request advance payment they must make this explicit in their profile. We do not recommend the use of Money gram or Western Union.
When can I share my contact details?
Host and Guest email address, phone number and home address will be exchanged in a confirmation email sent to both immediately after a booking is completed. It's against our policy for Guests and Hosts to exchange direct contact details via our messaging system.