About the Homestay
We are a marriage of scientists who have visited various countries and live in the heart of Vedado-Malecon in Havana. We have numerous private restaurants in our surroundings, a Wifi zone, car rental offices, the Meliá Cohiba hotel that organizes excursions to different places and provinces of Cuba and also the tourist bus stop that travels throughout the city for 10 CUC / day and the little train that runs along the boardwalk to Old Havana for 1 CUC.
From our house to the Vía Azul interprovincial bus station it is 30 minutes walking, 5 minutes by taxi.
We are 15 minutes walk from the Art Factory, 15 minutes from the Revolution Square and 40 minutes walk from Old Havana. From our house it is very easy to move to other places because there is very good communication.
We include a very light breakfast (coffee or tea). We offer a full breakfast to customers who request it for 5 Euros / USD or 7 CUC.
We provide laundry service for 5 Euros / USD or 7 CUC.
We communicate in Spanish, English, Russian, German and French and accept people from different cultures, race and religion.
We pick up and take you to the airport for an additional cost.
New service! We offer an economic and permanent connection to the Internet by data.
- Non Smoking
- Allow Smoking
Bedrooms available for booking
About the Area
It is located in the heart of Vedado-Malecón. We have numerous private restaurants in our surroundings, a Wifi zone, car rental offices, the Meliá Cohiba hotel that organizes excursions to different places and provinces of Cuba and also the tourist bus stop that travels throughout the city for 10 CUC / day. We are 15-20 minutes walk from the Art Factory and 40 minutes walk from Old Havana. From our house it is very easy to move to other places because there is very good communication.
Local Area Facilities
- Shopping Centre
- Health club
- Bus Stop
Hosts can offer a complimentary light breakfast at their discretion. All other meals, including a full breakfast, might incur an additional cost, if offered. Meals and any additional payment should be arranged directly with your host.
Included in the stay
- Complimentary Light Breakfast
- Use of Kitchen
Available on request at an extra cost
- Full Breakfast
- Guests must register with their passport as soon as they arrive at the house.
- Payment of the reservation is made by the guest upon arrival and in cash, preferably in Euros or USD.
- When only 1 room is rented, the other room is not rented so that the bathroom is totally private. The 2 rooms are only rented when they are families or friends who can share the bathroom that is interspersed between both rooms. We always do this.
- We rent to the guest a U-Sim card from Etecsa for a price of 2 CUC / day and that you can insert in your mobile. In this way you can have access to the internet by 4G or 3G data according to your mobile, 24 hours a day and anywhere you are without having to move to a Wifi zone. In Cuba 3G operates in 900 MHz and 4G / LTE in 1800 MHZ. Verify that your mobile meets these characteristics. For a 4G connection you can buy different packages: 150 MB for 1 CUC (only 24 hours); 800 MB for 5 CUC; one.2 GB for 7 CUC; 2 GB for 10 CUC. For a 3G connection you can buy different packages: 400 MB for 5 CUC; 600 MB for 7 CUC; 1 GB for 10 CUC. The loss of the U-Sim will lead to an additional payment of 5 CUC. The U-Sim will be returned to the host right at the end of your stay. This service has been recently added.
-A light breakfast (tea or coffee) is included in the room payment. However we offer full breakfasts for a cost of 5 Euros / USD or 7 CUC. Guests must request in advance if they require breakfast service. Payment is made daily.
- We offer laundry service for 5 Euros / USD or 7 CUC X 3 Kg of clothes. Payment is made at the moment.
- We offer minibar service with bottled mineral water, beer and soda. Prices are in CUC and are paid at the end.
- Check-in is at 2.00 PM, but we are flexible. If the guest arrives earlier and the room is ready, it is delivered to the guest. Otherwise the guest can wait on the terrace.
- Check-out is at 11.00 AM but if the guest needs to stay longer in the room you can pay 10 Euros / USD or 12 CUC per room. We can store your luggage free of cost but without access to the room.
- Smoking is allowed on the terrace. Smoking is prohibited in the rooms.
- We do not allow drug use in our home.
- We do not allow occasional visits in the room. Only registered guests may remain in the room.
- We do not have special beds for children under 2 years.
- We do not have conditions for people with motor and wheelchair disabilities.
- Guests must turn off the lights and air conditioning when leaving the room.
- Towels are changed every 3 days. The bedding is changed every 7 days.
- We help guests, once they are in the house if they need a taxi to move to the airport and other provinces. We also offer you the exchange of freely convertible currencies to CUC without applying discounts for bank commissions.
- At the end of the stay the room is delivered, the key and the additional expenses of the minibar are settled.
Smoking is allowed indoors.
Staying at Isis's place in El Vedado was a real cuban experience. First of all, her house is gorgeous, spaceous and very clean, besides being very well located, nearby everything you'll ever need - restaurants, bars, tourist attractions, el melacon.. everything! Second of all, her and all her family - husband and two children - are the sweetest people to have around. Me and my mom never felt so comfortable staying at someone else's place because they made sure to make us feel like home. We've talked so much and found out so many amazing things about Cuba and its history that we would never be able to find out by ourselves. Besides, they had amazing tips of things to do! If I ever go back to Habana - which I plan on doing - there's no way I won't be staying at Isis's again! It was perfect. I recommend it to everyone!
Very friendly host and always willing to help things sort out. She speaks English really well.
Rooms are spacious and complete. I loved the fan, Because I dont like to sleep with an aircon. The patio is nice to relax.
For en fantastisk familie, dem var kjempe snill og hjelpsomme.
Familien tok imot meg som jeg var mitt eget hjem. Jeg følte meg hjemme.
Kjempe god frokost for 5 cuc.
Rommene var kjempe rent og bra med hygiene.
5 min å gå til fra hotell Rivera for å være med Wi-Fiog fikk masse tips om Havanna.
Kommer jeg til Cuba eller andre av mine familie og venner vil jeg anbefale dem overnatte hos familien.
How do I book?
Contact the host about your stay - tell them a little about yourself, why you are staying and ask any questions you have about their homestay. You will be able to book immediately after sending your message.
When do I pay?
Once a host confirms they're available, you can go ahead and pay the 15% booking fee (maximum of 199 $£€ for longer term bookings) using a choice of payment methods: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Maestro, Laser, JCB & PayPal (not available in certain countries). You then pay your host on arrival or as stated by your host on their profile and agreed by you on booking. Please be cautious if a host requests advance payment if its not included on their profile. Our hosts have been advised that if they wish to request advance payment they must make this explicit in their profile. We do not recommend the use of Money gram or Western Union.
When can I share my contact details?
Host and Guest email address, phone number and home address will be exchanged in a confirmation email sent to both immediately after a booking is completed. It's against our policy for Guests and Hosts to exchange direct contact details via our messaging system.