Synchronise your calendar with a 3rd party
Homestay.com allows you to keep your calendar updated with other booking platforms.
This will allow you to automatically block your availability on Homestay.com if, for example, you got a booking from AirBnb.
The Calendar Sync feature is based on a digital calendar format called ICAL.
*For a detailed article on how to synchronise your Homestay and Airbnb calendar click here
*For a detailed article on how to synchronise your Homestay and Google calendar click here
In order to sync calendars you need to follow these steps:
- Log into 3rd party system (AirBnb, Google Calendar etc)
- Find the ICAL Calendar Url (it is usually called Export Calendar)
- Copy the ICAL Url
- Log into your Homestay.com account
- Go to the “Calendar” section of your profile, and at the bottom click “Import New Calendar”
- In the popup, choose the room you want to apply this calendar for (if unsure, select All Rooms), enter a name (eg: “AirBnb Calendar”) and paste the ICAL Url you copied before
- Click “Save and Import”
The calendar should sync immediately and you should see dates blocked according to bookings and unavailabilities set in the 3rd party account.
The calendar will be automatically updated on a daily basis.