About the Homestay
* I live alone, but on Fridays Pablo, my 14-year-old grandson, comes to sleep with me. My children obviously no longer live with me, so I have 2, maximum 3, rooms for rent. The large room has a queen-size bed, which can be inhabited by a couple. The other 2 rooms only have a single bed.
* I receive guests, usually graduate students, who come to Mexico for a few months to visit the archives and libraries. As I have not announced, until now they come to me on the recommendation of others who have already lived here.
* My apartment is very nice, at least that's what the guests and my friends say. It has lots of light and the windows look towards large trees. I have many books in Spanish, English and German. I also have a small but good collection of classical music CDs. The kitchen is usually the meeting place, if we are less than 6 people. The table is around the stove, so there are always hot tortillas. At the back of my building is a supermarket quite well stocked. So the one who lives here does not die of hunger.
* As a rule, everyone who lives here starts the day with freshly squeezed orange juice, even if they do not want to ... Every guest can use the kitchen, which is very well equipped.
The apartment is on a street that is on the corner of Insurgentes Sur, one of the main arteries of Mexico City. It is excellently located to reach all the places of interest in the city and to make use of public transport.
Yes, the apartment is on the third floor and there is no elevator, so to get there you have to climb 62 steps.
- Internet Access
Bedrooms available for booking
About the Area
The apartment is quite centrally located and is just south of the city, in a residential area of about upper middle class. The street corner with Insurgentes Sur, which is one of the most important thoroughfares of the city which runs from north to south over 30 kms. The 'Rio Churubusco' station Metrobus line 1 is a block. Also near the house are three lines of Metro Line 3 station 'Coyoacán', line 7 station 'Barranca del Muerto' station and line 12 'Insurgentes Sur'. With this location you can reach any part of the city easily.
Local Area Facilities
- Shopping Centre
- Health club
- Bus Stop
Hosts can offer a complimentary light breakfast at their discretion. All other meals, including a full breakfast, might incur an additional cost, if offered. Meals and any additional payment should be arranged directly with your host.
Included in the stay
- Complimentary Light Breakfast
- Use of Kitchen
All guests can use the whole house, but I hope to leave clean and tidy public spaces. Only a lady comes to clean the house one day a week. She is responsible for cleaning the rooms and changing sheets and towels weekly.
I prefer not to smoke inside the apartment, but you can smoke in the access corridor, which is open
Smoking is allowed outdoors only.
I definitely recommend accommodation at Annettes place! I like it very much =)
Annette is a wonderful hostess, very knowledgeable about Mexico, its history, architecture, art, food and archaeology. Her apartment is beautiful and nicely decorated, located in a nice neighborhood with beautiful trees. There is a metro-bus station within a block and a metro station 3-4 blocks away. I highly recommend staying with her.
Nuestra estadía en México DF en casa de Annette fue espectacular.Ella es una gran anfitriona, tiene muchísimo conocimiento de la ciudad y es excelente para ayudar como consejera para visitar los lugares que como turistas no debemos dejar de ver.La ubicación de su apartamento es estupenda,con accesibilidad para todos los puntos de la ciudad,ubicado a metros de avenida Insurgentes, que hace que sea imposible perderse a la hora del retorno a casa en esa enorme capital.El apartamento es amplio, muy cómodo, con todos los servicios. Annette nos trató como familia,se ocupó de nosotros, y nos agasajó con riqísimos desayunos y comidas tradicionales.
I want to thank Annette for one of the best travel experiences in my hole life. I needed stability, peace and a good vibration space in order to complete a hard work. With her amazing home and her big heart, Annette gave me all I need. I could save the day!
I will never forget her kindness.
Thanks a lot, dear Annette!
Really excellent. Location is perfect (good area and easy connections). We enjoyed most the welcome received from Annette and the very friendly and close contact with her. Annette did everything for us to help, advise, give information and make our stay very pleasant. The room is confortable and large enough . Thank you very much to her
How do I book?
Contact the host about your stay - tell them a little about yourself, why you are staying and ask any questions you have about their homestay. You will be able to book immediately after sending your message.
When do I pay?
Once a host confirms they're available, you can go ahead and pay the 15% booking fee (maximum of 199 $£€ for longer term bookings) using a choice of payment methods: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Maestro, Laser, JCB & PayPal (not available in certain countries). You then pay your host on arrival or as stated by your host on their profile and agreed by you on booking. Please be cautious if a host requests advance payment if its not included on their profile. Our hosts have been advised that if they wish to request advance payment they must make this explicit in their profile. We do not recommend the use of Money gram or Western Union.
When can I share my contact details?
Host and Guest email address, phone number and home address will be exchanged in a confirmation email sent to both immediately after a booking is completed. It's against our policy for Guests and Hosts to exchange direct contact details via our messaging system.