About the Homestay
Welcome to our house and our family. We live in a quiet multi-cultural street with a number of young families. There is plenty of space to park a motorbike. If you have a car, please be prepared to park on the street in winter (or play 'shift the car'). We have pets: a nosy bird and a very friendly, young cat.
- Pets Indoor
- Internet Access
- Smoke alarm
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Non Smoking
Bedrooms available for booking
About the Area
New Windsor is made up of free-standing houses on their own section of land. It is at one end of State Highway 20 leading to Auckland Airport and the Southern Motorway. New Windsor is approx 9km (5.5 miles) from the city. There is a frequent bus service to the city (it is an easy walk to the bus stop). The travel time is approx 50 min each way and it will cost $5.50 for a single trip but with a HOP card it is only $3.15 for an adult / $2.35 for a student).
Local Area Facilities
- Bus Stop
Hosts can offer a complimentary light breakfast at their discretion. All other meals, including a full breakfast, might incur an additional cost, if offered. Meals and any additional payment should be arranged directly with your host.
Included in the stay
- Complimentary Light Breakfast
- Use of Kitchen
Diet Type available on request
- Let me know if you have allergies or other medical conditions that may need urgent treatment. This will NOT change my willingness to host you.
- NO Smoking inside or outside.
- NO drugs. Marijuana is not legalized in New Zealand.
- Do not drink to excess.
- Take your shoes off before coming in.
- Lock doors and close the windows when leaving the house. If I arrive home to find the windows open, the door unlocked or my keys on the outside, I will give you a friendly reminder. We all forget occasionally, but if it happens more than once, I will seriously consider cancelling your booking.
- Do not be scared to tell me if you break something. Hopefully, it will be easy to fix. If not, please arrange to have it repaired or replaced.
- Ask me before letting the cat out.
- Feel free to use the kitchen but please leave it clean and tidy.
- Please respect other people's body clocks and be extra quiet when others are trying to sleep.
- If you would like to invite a friend over, ask first.
- You are welcome to use the WiFi (no downloading or viewing anything illegal or objectionable)
- Consider the neighbours when playing your music.
- Respect my home but feel comfortable. Treat it as your own house for the duration of your stay.
PAYMENT and CANCELLATION information:
- After guests cancel at the last minute or leave much earlier than their original booking, I can be left with a room I cannot fill. For this reason, I cannot confirm your booking until the initial payment has been received.
- Payment of the full amount (if staying less than one week) or of one week (if staying longer) is due before you arrive. I will send you the account details once you have agreed to the stay.
- Payment is due weekly. I will give you a receipt for each payment.
- If you wish to shorten your stay, please give me at least one week's notice. Refunds will not be given if you give less than one week's notice or if I am unable to find another booking.
MEALS and OTHER CHARGES
- Meals (other than breakfast): To be arranged before arrival
- Key deposit: $50
- HOP card deposit: $30 if you will be using the card (bus and train)
- Damage deposit: $100
Thank you for your understanding.
Smoking is not allowed.
Lovley host and very helpful!
I was nice homestay, Terri is confortable to talk, her pets are funny,. In general it was nice stay.
Staying with Terri and her pets was very good. Her home is comfortable and cozy, she is very helpful, a person that is always smiling, is lovely and funny.
Eduardo and I loved staying there!! We hope to find it again!
It was fun staying with Terri. She is kind and very hospitable. She gives us updates on Auckland's scheduled events. She gave us tips where we could tour at low prices and sometimes for free :-) She gives us detailed information about New Zealand which made us more curious. The "Nest" room is clean and neat and gives you privacy. The place has very close access to public transportation and just a short bus ride to city centre. I highly recommend staying with Terri.
How do I book?
Contact the host to check their availability and ask them any questions you have about staying with them. Once the host confirms they’re available for your dates, you can complete your booking.
When do I pay?
Once a host confirms they're available, you can go ahead and pay the 15% booking fee (maximum of 250 $£€ for longer term bookings) using a choice of payment methods: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Maestro, Laser, JCB & PayPal (not available in certain countries). You then pay your host on arrival or as stated by your host on their profile and agreed by you on booking. Please be cautious if a host requests advance payment if its not included on their profile. Our hosts have been advised that if they wish to request advance payment they must make this explicit in their profile. We do not recommend the use of Money gram or Western Union.
When can I share my contact details?
Host and Guest email address, phone number and home address will be exchanged in a confirmation email sent to both immediately after a booking is completed. It's against our policy for Guests and Hosts to exchange direct contact details via our messaging system.