You'll enjoy a warm welcome, a comfortable family home and a pretty garden you can sit in (when we've got clement weather). I've been hosting students from all over the world since 2013. It's just me and my little brown dog, Tavish, for the moment. My son returns from Uni late June and will live at home until November when he's off to work in the ski season. We're a friendly household, and love to hear about you, your family and culture, as well as make sure you get the very best out of your stay whilst in Edinburgh and Scotland.
We live a short walk and bus ride to Edinburgh city centre, and a longer but scenic walk to Cramond Village, where there is an island, beach, river walks. I'm keen to share how to get around (very easy) as well as places of interest (local as well as further afield), there’s so much to do and see in this beautiful city and the rest of Scotland. I've been awarded the 'Good to Go' Scotland certificate. I love to cook (all types of recipes from all over the world) so I am happy provide dinner at an extra cost if you like - just ask me - but there are many fabulous restaurants (catering for all pockets) in the city you might want to try. Plus you'll get access to the kitchen if you prefer to cook yourself. We look forward to welcoming you to our home.
Animais de estimação
Instalações na casa
- Non Smoking
Quartos disponíveis para reserva
Sobre a Área
Barton is a quiet family area with a couple of small supermarkets, coffee shops, post office, pharmacy, bakers and restaurant, with close by leisure centre. There's a woodland walk to Davidson Mains park, and 20 mins from Cramond, with beautiful walks along the river and beach. You can even visit Cramond Island if you get your timing right. There's plenty of buses for a 20 min bus ride into the centre of the city, and ones that can to take you up north (to paces like St Andrews, Ellie, Dundee) if you want to see a little more than just Edinburgh.
Instalações na área local
- Shopping center
- Clube de saúde
- Ponto de ônibus
Os anfitriões podem ou não oferecer um café da manhã simples de cortesia, a seu critério. Todas as outras refeições, incluindo um café da manhã completo, podem incorrer em um custo adicional, se oferecido. Refeições e qualquer pagamento adicional devem ser organizados diretamente com o seu anfitrião.
Incluido na estadia
- Café Da Manhã Simples
- Acesso à Cozinha
Disponível mediante solicitação a um custo adicional
Tipo de dieta oferecida
Regras da casa
- No smoking is permitted in the house, however there is an outside seating area guests can use.
- Breakfast is self-service and available from 7:00 - 7:30am
- All guests are welcome to share the lounge and TV with the host
- Due to Covid - guests staying longer than 7 nights will be asked to clean their own room weekly (cleaning materials, clean sheets and towels will be provided).
- You're welcome to use the garden seating area.
- I will clean bathrooms weekly - but please be mindful of others when sharing a bathroom - to keep it clean and tidy for all.
- Guests are allowed use of the washing machine once a week (no extra charge), if more than once a week - a £5 fee would be payable for each extra wash.
- There is a cloths line (outside) and clothes horse available on request for use to dry clothes on request.
- I live in a quiet residential area, whilst you will be given a key, and can come and go as you please, I would ask you be respectful of neighbours if returning after dark.
- Payment is expected to be paid a week in advance of your stay (I will advise the date on booking being made).
- Any commission for the exchange rate between your currency and GBP is up to you to pay (please make sure it is not deducted from your payment that reaches me)
- I will supply my International or UK bank details on booking confirmation
- If your stay is long term (over a month) - payment is expected in advance, but we can agree installments (generally monthly) for the duration of your stay.
- If you cancel after your payment is made, I will not be able to refund any monies unless I am able find another student to take up the room you booked.
Não é permitido fumar.
I had the best time staying in Jenni’s home for the past month. She really made me feel comfortable staying in Edinburgh for the first time in my life. For my first night she cooked me dinner which relieved some stress of getting food right after landing in the Edinburgh airport. Don’t be surprised if you are offered wine, snacks, dinners throughout your stay, Jenni is overly generous so make sure to reciprocate back :) When I come back and visit Edinburgh again for a short term/long term stay I will stay with Jenni again!
Jenni is extremely friendly and generous person; I truly felt that it was like my home. Jenni is informative and suggusted me many places to visit in Edinburgh. I really enjoyed my stay!
The house itself is extremely clean and very well connected to public transport.
We stayed at Jenni's for 8 days and couldn't have imagined a nicer place. She was warm, always helpful and a super cake baker. She also had great ideas and tips for things to do. Her dog Tavish is super sweet and the two of them together made our holiday extra special. We would love to come again! Thank you for that!
Jenni is incredibly welcoming & kind and a great cook to boot! The house is lovely, very tidy and clean, exactly as it looks in the photos and the room was nice and comfortable. It was overall a great experience and I would absolutely recommend staying here.
Jenni is an amazing person. She is warm-hearted, humorous and trustworthy. She loves different cultures and makes you feel at home. Her house is clean and cozy, even better than the pictures. I have a wondeful experience here- high recommend!
Jenni is really lovely and a great host and makes you feel at home! The room is so nice &cosy and the breakfast great too! Definitely recommend!
I had an amazing experience staying in Jenny's house. She is a wonderful funny women, really talkative and helpfull. She is really tidy and the house looks exactly like the pictures. Even better than what I expected.
Como faço para reservar?
Contate o anfitrião para checar se este está disponível para recebê-lo and também para perguntar sobre a estadia. Assim que o anfitrião confirmar a disponibilidade para as datas especificadas, você pode completar a sua reserva online.
Quando eu pago?
Assim que o anfitrião confirmar que eles estão disponíveis, você pode pagar a taxa de reserva de 15% (máximo de 250 $£€ para reservas de longo prazo). Métodos de pagamento para pagar a taxa de reserva: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Maestro, Laser, JCB ou PayPal (não disponível em alguns países). Você pode pagar ao seu anfitrião na chegada ou por acordo prévio.
Quando posso compartilhar meus detalhes de contato?
Os endereços de e-mail, números de telefone e endereço residencial do anfitrião e do hóspede serão trocados no e-mail de confirmação enviado a ambos após a reserva ser concluída. A troca direta de dados de contato entre hóspedes e anfitriões através de nosso sistema de mensagem é contra à nossa política.