About the Homestay
A friendly, comfortable family home, I've been hosting and welcoming students from all over the world since 2013. It's just me and my little brown dog Tavish (as my son now lives away from home). I love to hear about you, your family and culture, as well as make sure you get the very best out of your stay whilst in Edinburgh and Scotland.
I live a short walk and bus ride to Edinburgh city centre and a few minutes from Cramond Village, where there is an island, beach and beautiful river walks. I'm keen to share how to get around (very easy) as well as places of interest (local as well as further afield), there’s so much to do and see in this beautiful city and the rest of Scotland. I've been awarded the 'Good to Go' Scotland certificate. I love to cook (all types of recipes from all over the world) so I am happy provide dinner at an extra cost if you like - just ask me - though now Covid restrictions are lifting, there are many fantastic restaurants in the city you might want to try too. I look forward to welcoming you to my home.
- Internet Access
- Smoke alarm
- Non Smoking
Bedrooms available for booking
About the Area
Barton is a quiet family area with a couple of small supermarkets, coffee shops, post office, pharmacy, bakers and restaurant, with close by leisure centre. There's a woodland walk to Davidson Mains park, and 20 mins from Cramond, with beautiful walks along the river and beach. You can even visit Cramond Island if you get your timing right. There's plenty of buses for a 20 min bus ride into the centre of the city, and ones that can to take you up north (to paces like St Andrews, Ellie, Dundee) if you want to see a little more than just Edinburgh.
Local Area Facilities
- Shopping Centre
- Health club
- Bus Stop
Hosts can offer a complimentary light breakfast at their discretion. All other meals, including a full breakfast, might incur an additional cost, if offered. Meals and any additional payment should be arranged directly with your host.
Included in the stay
- Complimentary Light Breakfast
- Use of Kitchen
Available on request at an extra cost
- Half Board
Diet Type available on request
- No smoking is permitted in the house, however there is an outside seating area guests can use.
- Breakfast is self-service and available from 7:00 - 7:30am
- All guests are welcome to share the lounge and TV with the host
- Due to Covid - guests staying longer than 7 nights will be asked to clean their own room weekly (cleaning materials, clean sheets and towels will be provided).
- You're welcome to use the garden seating area.
- I will clean bathrooms weekly - but please be mindful of others when sharing a bathroom - to keep it clean and tidy for all.
- Guests are allowed use of the washing machine once a week (no extra charge), if more than once a week - a £5 fee would be payable for each extra wash.
- There is a cloths line (outside) and clothes horse available on request for use to dry clothes on request.
- I live in a quiet residential area, whilst you will be given a key, and can come and go as you please, I would ask you be respectful of neighbours if returning after dark.
- Payment is expected to be paid a week in advance of your stay (I will advise the date on booking being made).
- Any commission for the exchange rate between your currency and GBP is up to you to pay (please make sure it is not deducted from your payment that reaches me)
- I will supply my International or UK bank details on booking confirmation
- If your stay is long term (over a month) - payment is expected in advance, but we can agree installments (generally monthly) for the duration of your stay.
- If you cancel after your payment is made, I will not be able to refund any monies unless I am able find another student to take up the room you booked.
Smoking is not allowed.
Jenni is an amazing person. She is warm-hearted, humorous and trustworthy. She loves different cultures and makes you feel at home. Her house is clean and cozy, even better than the pictures. I have a wondeful experience here- high recommend!
Jenni is really lovely and a great host and makes you feel at home! The room is so nice &cosy and the breakfast great too! Definitely recommend!
I had an amazing experience staying in Jenny's house. She is a wonderful funny women, really talkative and helpfull. She is really tidy and the house looks exactly like the pictures. Even better than what I expected.
How do I book?
Contact the host to check their availability and ask them any questions you have about staying with them. Once the host confirms they’re available for your dates, you can complete your booking.
When do I pay?
Once a host confirms they're available, you can go ahead and pay the 15% booking fee (maximum of 250 $£€ for longer term bookings) using a choice of payment methods: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Maestro, Laser, JCB & PayPal (not available in certain countries). You then pay your host on arrival or as stated by your host on their profile and agreed by you on booking. Please be cautious if a host requests advance payment if its not included on their profile. Our hosts have been advised that if they wish to request advance payment they must make this explicit in their profile. We do not recommend the use of Money gram or Western Union.
When can I share my contact details?
Host and Guest email address, phone number and home address will be exchanged in a confirmation email sent to both immediately after a booking is completed. It's against our policy for Guests and Hosts to exchange direct contact details via our messaging system.