About the Homestay
A friendly, comfortable family home, that has been hosting and welcoming students from all over the world since 2013. Just me and my little brown dog Tavish as my son now lives away from home. I love to hear about you, your family and culture, as well as make sure you get the very best out of your stay whilst in Edinburgh and Scotland.
I live a short walk and bus ride to Edinburgh city centre and a few minutes from Cramond Village, where there is an island, beach and beautiful river walks. I'm keen to share how to get around (very easy) as well as places of interest (local as well as further afield), there’s so much to do and see in this beautiful city and the rest of Scotland. I've been awarded the 'Good to Go' Scotland certificate. I love to cook (all types of recipes from all over the world) so I am happy provide dinner at an extra cost if you like - just ask me - though now Covid restrictions are lifting, there are many fantastic restaurants in the city you might want to try too. I look forward to welcoming you to my home.
- Non Smoking
Bedrooms available for booking
About the Area
Barton is a quiet family area with a couple of small supermarkets, coffee shops, post office, pharmacy, bakers and restaurant, with close by leisure centre. There's a woodland walk to Davidson Mains park, and 20 mins from Cramond, with beautiful walks along the river and beach. You can even visit Cramond Island if you get your timing right. There's plenty of buses for a 20 min bus ride into the centre of the city, and ones that can to take you up north (to paces like St Andrews, Ellie, Dundee) if you want to see a little more than just Edinburgh.
Local Area Facilities
- Shopping Centre
- Health club
- Bus Stop
Hosts can offer a complimentary light breakfast at their discretion. All other meals, including a full breakfast, might incur an additional cost, if offered. Meals and any additional payment should be arranged directly with your host.
Included in the stay
- Complimentary Light Breakfast
- Use of Kitchen
Available on request at an extra cost
- Half Board
Diet Type available on request
- No smoking is permitted in the house, however there is an outside seating area guests can use.
- I am happy to host guest aged 18 years or over (up to any age)
- Breakfast is self-service and available between 7:30 - 8:30am
- All guests are welcome to share the lounge with the host
- Due to Covid - guests staying longer than 7 nights will be asked to clean their own room and bathroom weekly (materials, clean sheets and towels will be provided).
- You're welcome to use the garden seating area.
- Guests are allowed use of the washing machine once a week (no extra charge), if more than once a week - a £5 fee would be payable for each extra wash.
- There is a cloths line (outside) and clothes horse available on request for use to dry clothes.
- I live in a quiet residential area, whilst you will be given a set of keys, and can come and go as you please, I would ask you be respectful of neighbours if coming in after dark.
- Payment is expected to be paid in a week in advance of your stay to:
Sort Code: 80 47 32
If your stay is long term (over a month) - payment would be expected in advance of each month's stay.
Smoking is not allowed.
How do I book?
Contact the host to check their availability and ask them any questions you have about staying with them. Once the host confirms they’re available for your dates, you can complete your booking.
When do I pay?
Once a host confirms they're available, you can go ahead and pay the 15% booking fee (maximum of 250 $£€ for longer term bookings) using a choice of payment methods: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Maestro, Laser, JCB & PayPal (not available in certain countries). You then pay your host on arrival or as stated by your host on their profile and agreed by you on booking. Please be cautious if a host requests advance payment if its not included on their profile. Our hosts have been advised that if they wish to request advance payment they must make this explicit in their profile. We do not recommend the use of Money gram or Western Union.
When can I share my contact details?
Host and Guest email address, phone number and home address will be exchanged in a confirmation email sent to both immediately after a booking is completed. It's against our policy for Guests and Hosts to exchange direct contact details via our messaging system.