About the Homestay
Nice bedroom near East Barnet Village.
The room is within a period house with lounge, bathroom and kitchen shared; 7 minutes walk to New Barnet mainline station with fast links to Central London. Numerous supermarkets/shops and restaurants close by.
Longer term lodgers proposals can be considered. Payments in Euros also accepted for your stay.
WHEN CHECKING-IN THE PROPERTY, YOU WILL NEED TO SHOW A PASSPORT MATCHING THE NAME AND NATIONALITY OF THE PERSON HAVING BOOKED THE ROOM.
Check-in window: 6pm to 10pm
Check-out: by 10am
- Internet Access
- Non Smoking
Bedrooms available for booking
About the Area
The home is located in near East Barnet Village EN4, Greater London, United Kingdom.
Local shops, supermarkets and restaurants are at short walking distance either to the cosy East Barnet Village (approx. 5 min walking) or to the New Barnet area (approx. 8 min walking). Several parks at a very short distance.
Close to the leafy East Barnet Village (north London), plenty of Supermarkets and grocery shops at a very short distance (Aldi, Sainsbury's Co-op, Tesco Express, etc...), as well as restaurants, lovely parks for walking, cycling or exercising, such as Church Hill Park, Hadley Monken and the beautiful Trent Park where the Go -Ape and other attraction will highlight your day.New Barnet and Oakleigh Park railway stations are located both at 8 min from the house, linking central London in approx. 20 minutes.
The house is approximately the same distance by time to the main airports, London Heathrow by Piccadilly Line with no change, London Stansted Airport (by bus, train or car only 1h away), Gatwick by train just 1h away, London Luton and London City Airport at easy reach.
Easy to get to Central London (20min to London King's Cross Station or Moorgate) or out to Hertfordshire by train (New Barnet Station or Oakley Park Station both only 8 minutes away), several bus services (326, 307, 386, 184...). Very close to Junction 24 of the M25.
The Northern and the Piccadilly tube lines linking the west end of London, run now 24h on Friday and Saturday nights, with the closest station Totteridge and Whetstone or Oakwood.
Local Area Facilities
- Shopping Centre
- Amusement Park
- Health club
- Bus Stop
- Train station
Hosts can offer a complimentary light breakfast at their discretion. All other meals, including a full breakfast, might incur an additional cost, if offered. Meals and any additional payment should be arranged directly with your host.
Included in the stay
- Complimentary Light Breakfast
- Use of Kitchen
- Smoking is STRICTLY NOT ALLOWED anywhere within the property.
- Please keep our home secure and lock doors and windows when leaving the house.
- Feel free to use the kitchen but please clean up after yourself.
- No pets allowed.
- Please do not bring strangers into our home. If you would like to invite a friend over, ask first.
- Please respect our home but feel comfortable. Treat it as your own house for the duration of your stay.
- Treat my home as your home - you are free to come and go as you please. You can come in or go out at any time day or night. Please keep down noises and show respect.
- Please follow the basic rules of hygiene, tidiness and respect for the spaces, as I put a great deal of personal effort to make it clean, comfortable and tidy at all times and for every guest. You can use whatever you wish within the flat, including kitchen and appliances to cook, however as I do not charge a cleaning fee it would be appreciated if you on the departure day, left all spaces as found when you arrived.
- All items within the property, no matter how small or big, have been put in an inventory.
- No additional guests or people (even asking for permission) are allowed within the flat other than those having booked through Homestay and this is strictly enforced.
- Smoking is strictly forbidden in the flat and discouraged outside. There are smoke alarms fitted that will go off if smoke is detected.
- You are requested to respect the check out time for leaving the flat. If any extension is required, discuss it in advance and respect the time agreed for leaving the flat.
- Finally, show consideration and respect to my neighbours as well, please be quiet.
Smoking is not allowed.
Stayed for 4 nights, very nice, clean and peaceful!
Tom was a lovely host and made my stay very comfortable. His home is a lovely place
Very nice clean house, very comfortable, Tom is a very kind and helpful person, I will recommend for a decent Stay his house
Je ne suis restée que quelques jours chez Tom, mais il m'a très bien accueillie. Il m'a montré les environs de Barnet (commerces, lac, parc, etc), conseillé pour les transports en commun. La chambre et l'appartement sont très propres et calmes.
Tom was great host, flexible with the arrival time, the room was very clean and comfortable, went above and beyond all expectations
How do I book?
Contact the host to check their availability and ask them any questions you have about staying with them. Once the host confirms they’re available for your dates, you can complete your booking.
When do I pay?
Once a host confirms they're available, you can go ahead and pay the 15% booking fee (maximum of 250 $£€ for longer term bookings) using a choice of payment methods: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Maestro, Laser, JCB & PayPal (not available in certain countries). You then pay your host on arrival or as stated by your host on their profile and agreed by you on booking. Please be cautious if a host requests advance payment if its not included on their profile. Our hosts have been advised that if they wish to request advance payment they must make this explicit in their profile. We do not recommend the use of Money gram or Western Union.
When can I share my contact details?
Host and Guest email address, phone number and home address will be exchanged in a confirmation email sent to both immediately after a booking is completed. It's against our policy for Guests and Hosts to exchange direct contact details via our messaging system.