About the Homestay
Our home is located in Harbor City, about 35 minutes from LA. We are in the suburbs but Redondo Beach and Hermosa Beach are very close by with a great night life.
You can see the mountains from the street and if you drive about 15 minutes you can be at Torrance/Redondo Beach! We are a 10 minute drive from horse trails and peacocks!
We are located near Hollywood but many films have been made here in the South Bay- American Beauty, Pirates of the Caribbean and many famous people live around the South Bay.
We are only 20 minutes from the LA Galaxy soccer stadium and 30 minutes from the Staple center where the basketball team, Lakers play!
Ashlee a former Manager of an English school. Now she stays at home and enjoys cooking, watching movies, music, gigs, festivals, photography, learning foreign languages, socialising, travel, television, nature, fashion design, and theatre. She speaks English , German and a bit of Japanese.
Chris manages a Scuba Diving Company in Long Beach. He is originally from Manchester, England. He is also a motorcycle and speed junkie.
Chris and Ashlee have three children. Zoe, Giselle and Marco.
There is no better way to learn a foreign language than to speak it in everyday situations. Your host Ashlee offers qualified language instruction in her native language English. One hour of instruction costs 25.00 USD. The classes will be given by the host himself at the accommodation.
The room rate includes the following services: light breakfast washing machine usage and internet access
- Bikes for use
- Internet Access
- Smoke alarm
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Air Conditioning
Bedrooms available for booking
About the Area
Don't worry as soon as you complete your booking and pay your deposit online you will get an email with our exact address. I can help you then with exact directions as soon as you let me know how you will be arriving. My house is very easy to find in Harbor City.
Hosts can offer a complimentary light breakfast at their discretion. All other meals will incur an additional cost. Meals and any additional payment should be arranged directly with your host.
Included in the stay
- Complimentary Light Breakfast
- Use of Kitchen
******We require full payment before arrival via PAYPAL***** All fees must be paid by sender.
For a 50% refund of accommodation fees, cancellation must be made seven full days prior to listing’s local check in time (or 3:00 PM if not specified) on the day of check in, otherwise no refund. For example, if check-in is on Friday, cancel by Friday of the previous week before check in time.
If the guest cancels less than 7 days in advance, the nights not spent are not refunded.
If the guest arrives and decides to leave early, the nights not spent are not refunded.
Welcome to our home! We're so happy you chose us to be your host-family. We have compiled a list of things to remember while staying in our home :) If you have any questions, please ask us! Open communication is key to having a good experience.
1) Please remember to clean up after yourself in the shared spaces and in your room.
2) Please push in chairs after use, as the children like to climb when they're out!
3) Please do not leave dirty dishes. You can either hand-wash or put in the dishwasher.
4) Please help around the house! If you see a dirty dish, go ahead and wash it! If the trash is getting full, please take it out!
5) Please ask Chris or Ashlee if you can help with anything, i.e. help prepare dinner, set the table, clean up after a meal, help clean up toys, take out trash,
clean off the table/counter tops, etc.
6) Please remember to be very quiet when opening doors/drawers, coming home, etc. The children sleep a lot of the day and their sleep is so important!
7) Play with the children/Sadie! You're part of our family, so interaction with them is great! They are very young, so smiling and talking in a high voice are key :) hehehe
8) If you will be missing a meal, please let us know beforehand.
9) If you will be later than expected, please contact us and let us know.
10) If you need to do laundry, please let Ashlee know. We do laundry about 1-2x a week.
11) Please remember in the USA we shower 1x a day. We use deodorant 1-3x a day! We like to smell good :) - so please keep good personal hygiene. We are experiencing a drought currently in California so you must limit your showers to less than 10 minutes.
12) You may use our computer, but please ask before doing so.
13) Our Home has wifi
14) Please turn off lights and electronics when you're not in the room/using them.
15) If there is any type of food/drink you would like us to purchase, please let us know!
16) If you break or damage any of our property, please let us know immediately.
17) if you are a smoker, please do not book with us, as we are a non-smoking family.
Smoking is not allowed.
Ashlee & Chris have lovely children and our daughter had a great time with them. Though we could not say the same for us. We felt awkward and felt like outsiders invading the privacy of their home. We felt uncomfortable with the feeling that we are being judged on every action or efforts we made at their home. We got the feeling that we were expected to sleep the night with minimal of interaction with the hosts.
Really nice experience... Highly recomended!! I will visit my NEW american family again one day!!!
Ashlee and her family were very friendly and kind. We all love them. We hope we meet again in the near future.
Very allowing familly with the cutest children ever !
Nice neighbourhood and pleasant house !
Ashlee and Chris are really friendly, we felt like we were a part of the familly for a few days
Hope we'll stay in touch
Nice family and clean home, we slept well and got one perfect start for our holiday. Hope to see you guys again and many thanks
We had a great time with them. Ashlee and Chris are so friendly and helpful, and their children are soooo cute!! Their home is always abundant with lots of love and laughter. They treated us just like their own family members. We already miss them a lot.
Une famille super. Bien accueilli malgré mon manque de compréhension en anglais, j'ai passé un bon moment avec eux.
I stayed their home for just a week.
They're very very friendly and sweet family. I had all of dinner with them,it was so lively. You should choose them if you like kids.
I'm really glad I chose them. I still love this family:)
It was Great to become a part of the real Californian family. They are still in my heart. Hey, you should meet Ashlee's mom too!
it was a wonderful time staying with Ashlee and Chris (and both little girls and Sadie, the dog). When I was reaching home from several appointments during the day it felt like "coming home".
I had dinner with them a few times, but could be on my own as well when I wanted to. The room was nice, little minus that there was no desk. But instead I was able to use the kichten desk and Ashlee and Chris helped me with everything I needed (explaining routes to Mall, Gas Station, ... I was able to print something, and a huge plus - my cloth was washed).
One time I was in Cinema with Chris, the other day I went with them to the beach and had lunch there.
I liked as well that Ashlee's Mom was visiting us in some days and friends coming over for a weekend BBQ, so I really felt being part of the familiy.
I could easily have my own schedule of the day (leave early or come home late) - all I had to do was texting, so Sadie, the dog wouldn't bark.
Would recommend it (when you have a car).
How do I book?
Contact the host to check their availability and ask them any questions you have about staying with them. Once the host confirms they’re available for your dates, you can complete your booking.
When do I pay?
Once a host confirms they're available, you can go ahead and pay the 15% booking fee (maximum of 199 $£€ for longer term bookings) using a choice of payment methods: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Maestro, Laser, JCB & PayPal (not available in certain countries). You then pay your host on arrival or as stated by your host on their profile and agreed by you on booking. Please be cautious if a host requests advance payment if its not included on their profile. Our hosts have been advised that if they wish to request advance payment they must make this explicit in their profile. We do not recommend the use of Money gram or Western Union.
When can I share my contact details?
Host and Guest email address, phone number and home address will be exchanged in a confirmation email sent to both immediately after a booking is completed. It's against our policy for Guests and Hosts to exchange direct contact details via our messaging system.