About the Homestay
Who We Are:
My husband Chris is a high school teacher. I am originally from Indonesia and currently serve as a minister and missionary. We've been ministering to international students and scholars in Boston since 1992. We both have lived overseas for many years and have visited over 40s countries. We love internationals and interacting with people from different cultures.
Our house is located in South Medford and Somerville line in a safe and quiet neighborhood. Magoun square area has plenty of restaurants and stores.
Easy access to public transportations: buses nearby to 3 subways stations (Davis/Redline, Sullivan/Orange, and Lechmere/green).
- 0.7 mile to Tuft univ. (walking distance to Tufts University and Davis Square).
- 3 mile to Boston
- 1.5 mile to Harvard Univ and Leslie Univ.
- 3 mile to MIT
- 3 mile to HULT
- 6 miles to airport
We live in the first unit, and the international house is on the second unit of the house. Shapley International house is fully furnished.
- 4 private bedrooms,
- 2 shared bathrooms,
- a large living room and a dining room areas, large furnished kitchen.
- Coin operated laundry machines in the basement.
- Backyard patio for relaxation and cookout in the summer.
- Newly installed forced air AC in each room and in the common areas.
- The rents include all utilities (electricity, gas), heating, hot water, AC, WiFi, cable TV, linens and towels.
- We do require an advance payment for a month stay along with a security deposit of $200. The security deposit will be refunded upon leaving.
- For up to 3 months stay: After your first month ended, you can pay us directly your monthly rent up to 3 months without a contract.
- For longer than 3 months, you must sign a contract with us.
We do require last month rent + security deposit up to a month rent to sign a contract.
- Monthly resident contributes $25/mo to the cleaning service. Cleaning lady cleans the common areas (bathrooms, kitchen, floor, stairs, living room, dining room, kitchen) once or twice per month.
- Internet Access
- Air Conditioning
Bedrooms available for booking
About the Area
Our house is located on the north side of Boston in a quiet and safe neighborhood.
We are 3 km from Boston and only 15 min drive from Logan international airport.
The bus stops are only 1 minute walk from the house and there are lots of bus options using these stops.
Tufts University - 0.7 miles
Harvard University - 1.7 miles
Hult Business School - 2.9 miles
MIT - 2.7 miles
Local Area Facilities
- Shopping Centre
- Bus Stop
- Train station
Hosts can offer a complimentary light breakfast at their discretion. All other meals will incur an additional cost. Meals and any additional payment should be arranged directly with your host.
Included in the stay
- Use of Kitchen
- NO Smoking, NO Alcohol, and NO Drugs abuse in our premises at anytime
- Clean up after cooking.
- Extra guest must inform us first. $15/night per guest in the room.
- Quiet time between 10 pm - 7 am.
Smoking is not allowed.
How do I book?
Contact the host to check their availability and ask them any questions you have about staying with them. Once the host confirms they’re available for your dates, you can complete your booking.
When do I pay?
Once a host confirms they're available, you can go ahead and pay the 15% booking fee (maximum of 199 $£€ for longer term bookings) and a 25% deposit using a choice of payments: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Maestro, Laser, JCB & PayPal. The deposit is collected in advance on behalf of the host to protect against no show or late cancellations (within 7 days of arrival). You then pay your host the balance due on arrival. The 25% deposit payment is made to the host 2 business days after your scheduled arrival date. This deposit payment will only be refunded if you cancel the booking at least 7 full days prior to arrival.
When can I share my contact details?
Host and Guest email address, phone number and home address will be exchanged in a confirmation email sent to both immediately after a booking is completed. It's against our policy for Guests and Hosts to exchange direct contact details via our messaging system.