About the Homestay
***Our House is Under Construction!***
Buyu in Japanese means Martial Friends, my wife and I are small business owns, I work from home. We are a quiet couple. We want to share our guest room for those who need a please to stay. We have lived in our home for 10 years. Our home every year has an Annual blessing of our home and home gym/dojo area by a Shinto priest. The house services as my martial arts training space and Shiatsu/Reiki space.
We are still under construction we turning it into one family and expanding the space.
******Please read House Rules and our Whole listing before requesting a booking. Please have completed profiles with a picture before we will not accept or you get canceled.
Not replying to messages, especially if there maybe overbooking or a problem with the room or space will get your reservation cancel, communication is important, this not Airbnb.***********
Advance payment required - if you must have a Paypal account. When you book there is a deposit due to me and then the balance is due upon your arrival. I will send you my PayPal information. Balance due upon arrival in cash or you can Paypal using our PayPal card reader. Cash upon arrival if you don’t have a PayPal account.
Submit via PayPal Email will be informed once you have paid the deposit online ** (be sure to designate this is a “private” transaction to avoid transfer fees, which you are reliable for).
To confirm that you have read the entire description, please include the secret word "Flushing, New York" in your inquiry to me.
Rules for Meals:
1. All meals must be requested.
2. Free - Light breakfast is free...but let us know you want it and it will bring to the rooms.
a. Light breakfast is Coffee and/or tea,
b. Bread, muffins, etc,
c. fruit with butter and jams
e. Milk and orange juice included.
3. Food & Drink is a Request, if you want full breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, please let us know. Food and Drink prepared by us is additional cost. It is $10 to $15 per meal.
Full breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner.
Please let us know.
Food and Drink prepared by us and is an additional cost.
It is $10 to $15 per meal.
All food is Organic
Martial Arts training, Shiatsu and/or Reiki sessions
These services are an additional cost. Training area snacks and drinks are additional cost pricing is in the training area (please put the money in the money if you take anything.
6 Cats, Fish
- Internet Access
- Smoke alarm
- Gym at home
Bedrooms available for booking
About the Area
We live in a quiet area of Flushing, Queens, New York. Flushing is a neighborhood in the New York City borough of Queens in the United States. While much of the neighborhood is residential, Downtown Flushing, centered on the northern end of Main Street in Queens, is a large commercial and retail area and is the fourth largest central business district in New York City.
Flushing's diversity is reflected by the numerous ethnic groups that reside there, including people of Asian, Hispanic, Middle Eastern, European, and African American ancestry. It is part of the Fifth Congressional District, which encompasses the entire northeastern shore of Queens County, and extends into neighboring Nassau County. Flushing is served by five railroad stations on the Long Island Rail Road Port Washington Branch, as well as the New York City Subway's IRT Flushing Line (7 trains), which has its terminus at Main Street. The intersection of Main Street and Roosevelt Avenue is the third busiest intersection in New York City, behind Times and Herald Squares.
We living 5 minute to 20 minute (depending on weather) ride Main Street or you walk to main street a nice sunny day 20 to 30 minutes to historical downtown flushing.
Local Area Facilities
- Shopping Centre
- Bus Stop
- Train station
Please note that only a light breakfast is included in the room rate. All other meals will incur an additional cost. Meals and any additional payment should be arranged directly with your host.
Included in the stay
- Light Breakfast
- Use of Kitchen
Available on request at an extra cost
- Full Breakfast
- Half Board
- Full Board
- Packed lunch
Diet Type available on request
- Nut Allergies
1. We only accept and reply to a guest who has pictures of themselves in the profile.
2. You must Have a full and Complete PROFILE.
3. Not replying to messages, especially if there maybe overbooking or a problem with the room or space will get your reservation cancel, communication is important, this not Airbnb.
Please read House Rules and our Whole listing before requesting a booking. Please have completed profiles with a picture before we will not accept or you get canceled.
1. When you make your booking request, request the correct number of people. To make sure the is enough room.
2. When you book we will hold to the time you booked for their will no additional time; if need to stay longer, you will need to move out and booking the space again, if the room is not booked already.
3. Changing booking detail or your booking details do the match the booking request you will be rejected.
1. Please keep our home secure and double-lock the front door when entering and leaving the house
2. Please do not adjust the heat settings yourself, ask me and I will happily do it for you.
3. Keep noise to a minimum after 10:00 PM.
4. Please do not invite strangers into our home; if you would like to invite a friend - - - Over just ask me in advance.
4. Please enjoy your stay and treat our house as you would your own home!
5. Mutual respect.
6. Please clean up after using the kitchen.
7. Please, be nice to our 6 cats.
8. Please keep the room clean.
9. Don't kick, roll, or trip over our cats.
10. Please don't remove/take or borrow video games, DVD/videos and/or books from the home. (Items are everyone to use in the home.)
11. Have a clear COMMUNICATION about your expectations and projects.
12. I will answer any question (even stupid).
13. Avoid loud noise.
14. Your independence must be ensured Especially When I work from home during the day; the house is also my office.
15. Call if you are going to be late and clean up after yourself.
Smoking is not allowed.
My daughter and I had a wonderful time staying with Charles and his wife. They treated us like family. They assisted us with directions and we thank them for their great hospitality. We liked that their home is conveniently located nearby a bus stop and a plaza. We definitely recommend staying with them.
To be honest, I can say that Charles and his wife are very enthusiastic and friendly. The place is safe and near bus station, Bank and supermarket... the price is very suitable for international students like me. They are ready to help everything if we need. I am Vietnamese, but I've been to a lot of places, and I believe that they are good people. If I go to NYC again, I will choose their house to stay. In general speaking, I am very satisfied with the service there.
Charles and his wife are enormously friendly and helpful. I felt like in a family with them. Their house is about 1 hour from the center of Manhattan, but it is very easy to get there. The place is safe and calm, so you can come home late without any fear.
The house is currently under construction, but it didn't mess my staying there. The bathroom is big and comfortable, wi-fi is fast, and the breakfasts are great. If you love good coffee and fresh bagels with organic blueberry jam - you have to stay with Charles!
This guest awarded the host 4 hearts but didn’t leave any comments.
Thank you for being good hosts, Cathy and Charles. They have been helpful in finding their location, getting around and easily available to answer questions. The room is ok and neat but the common area needs to be cleaned. It is understandable though, because they are going through reconstruction of their home but there were no noises. If you just need a place to drop your stuff, go around downtown, tour NYC and sleep, you find value for your money. However, If you have certain expectation or needs a lot of time being at home, do not like having a shared space, or pets (I love their cats, so I didn't mind) you have to reconsider.
Charles and his wife were very kind and helped me a lot! Thanks :)
Everything was ok, Charles and his wife were good people with me, the room and bathroom is good, I enjoyed my stay.
Only the included breakfast I never saw, although it was not necessary and neither the Internet...