About the Homestay
Guests can use the kitchen to store their food or cook if they need. The bathroom is a shared space. The living room has a tv available for use by our guests. Their is one owner occupied bedroom down the hall from the guest bedroom. Smokers can use the back porch with ashtray located on the table area. Within two blocks we have many restaurants, convenience stores, bars, and also transportation.
- Internet Access
- Smoke alarm
- Non Smoking
- Air Conditioning
Bedrooms available for booking
About the Area
Busy suburban area with shopping centers/malls, sightseeing, parks and history. It’s perfect for travelers looking to enjoy NYC but looking to stay outside the city in a quieter suburban area instead. Easy travel into the city to see many famous tourist areas by train, ferry or bus. We have several brochures of things to do and maps of the area also.
Local Area Facilities
- Shopping Centre
- Health club
- Bus Stop
- Train station
Hosts can offer a complimentary light breakfast at their discretion. All other meals, including a full breakfast, might incur an additional cost, if offered. Meals and any additional payment should be arranged directly with your host.
Included in the stay
- Complimentary Light Breakfast
- Use of Kitchen
1. No smoking inside. You can smoke in the backyard, the ashtray is out there for you.
2. Please close all the doors behind you when you exit and enter the house. We do not like to leave our doors open, even for a moment, because mosquitos are our most irritating pests and carry many diseases.
3. If your shoes are wet or the bottoms are dirty please use the back door rug when you come in to place them on.
4. We also try to conserve energy and would like if lights are shut off when you are not in the room, also if you are leaving the house. NYC is very expensive.
5. Please keep the side gates closed because we have a dog that lives on the property who uses the yard and can get out if it's left open.
6. For guests that use the kitchen, please clean the dishes you've used because there is no dish washer. Be considerate and respectful of our cleanliness because we are pretty neat. This is especially directed toward the younger crowd. Our listing is a shared space and we do not want it messy.
7. Please be neat in the room as well as in the bathroom, kitchen and living room. The bathroom, kitchen and living room are shared spaces and we are a family who likes a neat environment. Please understand you should be respectful in someone's home. When using the bathroom if you treat it like some people treat restaurant stalls, we will have to cancel your trip and you will not get your money back for inconveniencing us. We expect the toilet seat, shower and sink to stay as you found it. No exceptions. Men, please lift the toilet seats and try to be neat regardless. Women, don't leave sanitary items all exposed. We have had too many incidents and we are now stating the obvious for those people who need reminding that you’re in someone else’s home.
8. Please do not use any of our personal items. Items you may use are in a basket in the room or labeled 'Guests'. We have had people feel free to use our own toiletries as well as our over the counter medicines. Refrain from doing so because we may very well leave you a negative review. This should be a commonly known form of etiquette when staying at people's houses. Pack accordingly, otherwise there are many stores within walking distance for you to get what you need.
9. NYC is REQUIRED by law to recycle. There are 2 garbage pails in the kitchen (one for garbage one for paper). We put plastics, metals and containers in a bag in the kitchen. On the side of the house near the gate there are also garbage pails labeled with a NYC sticker telling you what you can put into each recycling bin. Otherwise just use plastic bags to keep plastics and paper separate from regular garbage during your stay...that would be a great help. We will get a fine if it isn’t separated and we don’t catch it before it goes on the curb.
10. Clothing and towels can be hung up behind the guest bedroom door or on the hooks and hangers provided. We have a well maintained wood floor so please don't throw wet towels on the floor, beds or furniture. If each person can please try to use only 1-2 towels during their stay that would also be a great help, as we don't have time to wash towels everyday for such a short stay.
11. Only the # of guests listed in the reservation can stay. You can add up to 3 people in this one private bedroom during your stay or take off anyone that isn't staying. The only way to do this is on the website under change reservation area. We then have to approve.
We are sorry to have to list some of these things but some people need to be told/reminded.
Thank you for understanding.
Smoking is not allowed.
How do I book?
Contact the host to check their availability and ask them any questions you have about staying with them. Once the host confirms they’re available for your dates, you can complete your booking.
When do I pay?
Once a host confirms they're available, you can go ahead and pay the 15% booking fee (maximum of 199 $£€ for longer term bookings) using a choice of payment methods: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Maestro, Laser, JCB & PayPal (not available in certain countries). You then pay your host on arrival or as stated by your host on their profile and agreed by you on booking. Please be cautious if a host requests advance payment if its not included on their profile. Our hosts have been advised that if they wish to request advance payment they must make this explicit in their profile. We do not recommend the use of Money gram or Western Union.
When can I share my contact details?
Host and Guest email address, phone number and home address will be exchanged in a confirmation email sent to both immediately after a booking is completed. It's against our policy for Guests and Hosts to exchange direct contact details via our messaging system.