About the Homestay
My home is located in a quiet and beautiful neighborhood surrounded by breathtaking view. Sitting on the patio you can enjoy the magnificent canyon views, watch hot air balloons at sunset or just nature.
The house sits at the edge of Mira Mesa and Rancho Peñasquitos overlooking the Los Peñasquitos Canyon Preserve. There is a trail down the Canyon where you can hike or bike. This trail has some of the better scenery in San Diego. The scenery of the canyon includes: a waterfall cascading through volcanic rock; a stream side forest of giant California live oaks; groves of majestic sycamore trees; a year-round stream populated by pacific tree frogs, crayfish and largemouth bass; a fresh water marsh hosting a variety of aquatic birds including great blue herons, egrets, mallard ducks; and mule deer, bobcat, coyote, and raccoon are just a few of the mammals than can be observed throughout the Preserve.
The house is close to shops and restaurants. Only 15 -20 minutes drive to beautiful beaches and parks. Public transportation is available - 21 mins walk to bus station and 13 mins drive to train station.
Guest requirements before check in:
Guests MUST PAY upon arrival the following items.
1) Room charges in FULL
2) Cleaning Fee in the amount of $40
3) Deposit in the amount of $100 refundable after a walk-through is completed at check-out. If there are any issues with the walk-through, host will work with guest to find the best solution.
Please contact me and I will give you the information on where to send payment.
- Internet Access
- Smoke alarm
- Non Smoking
Bedrooms available for booking
About the Area
Our home is conveniently located near the Freeways I-15, I-5 and 805. Only 15 minutes drive to Qualcomm offices and other businesses in Sorrento Valley area. Close to great restaurants, shopping centers and 15-35 minutes drive to most attractions including: La Jolla beach/Cove, Torrey Pines, Mission Bay, Pacific beach, Old Town, Balboa Park, Sea world, Zoo, Gaslamp Quarter- downtown San Diego and Coronado beach.
Local Area Facilities
- Shopping Centre
- Horse Stables
- Bus Stop
- Train station
Hosts can offer a complimentary light breakfast at their discretion. All other meals, including a full breakfast, might incur an additional cost, if offered. Meals and any additional payment should be arranged directly with your host.
Included in the stay
- Complimentary Light Breakfast
- Use of Kitchen
I enjoy hosting guests from different walks of lives. I want to make sure your stay is enjoyably and comfortable as much as possible but I can’t do it without your help. Please be mindful to the following:
- Guest pay in full for anything he/she breaks or damages
- Leave your shoes outside or inside by the main door. To avoid any slips/accidents wear slippers/house shoes inside the house at all times. No walking barefoot or wearing socks inside the house.
- Kitchen use: I have a small kitchen and it’s shared with others. Keeping that in mind – the kitchen is ONLY for light cooking. Guest has full access to stove, microwave, toaster and rice cooker.
- Please be considerate and keep common areas tidy after using. Don’t leave dirty dishes in the sink; clean stove and microwave/any area of the kitchen after using
- Kitchen off limit after 10 p.m for cooking and/or warming food
- Keep bathroom/toilet as clean as possible
- Don’t flush paper towels and other objects beside toilet paper in the toilet
- When leaving the house, turn off lights/fan/heater and make sure to lock the entrance door with a key. You're welcome to leave your window open during the summer heat. All other seasons, please close windows.
- Main Entrance Door must be locked at all times
- No extra guest allowed in this room
- No Pets
- No smoking inside the house and backyard
- No entertaining/party
- No slamming doors
- No loud music
- Please try your best to quietly enter and leave during early morning and late evening hours. Quiet time starts at 10 p.m - 6:30 a.m. During these hours, to give everyone the peace and quiet each one deserves after a long day, please make use of a headphone on your phone and other devices.
Welcome to my home.
Smoking is not allowed.
I enjoyed my stay. Marcy was very helpful and accommodating. She has a very nice place, and she works hard to maintain it. I recommend it for anyone looking for a nice quiet place, with a friendly, gracious hostess
How do I book?
Contact the host to check their availability and ask them any questions you have about staying with them. Once the host confirms they’re available for your dates, you can complete your booking.
When do I pay?
Once a host confirms they're available, you can go ahead and pay the 15% booking fee (maximum of 199 $£€ for longer term bookings) using a choice of payment methods: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Maestro, Laser, JCB & PayPal (not available in certain countries). You then pay your host on arrival or as stated by your host on their profile and agreed by you on booking. Please be cautious if a host requests advance payment if its not included on their profile. Our hosts have been advised that if they wish to request advance payment they must make this explicit in their profile. We do not recommend the use of Money gram or Western Union.
When can I share my contact details?
Host and Guest email address, phone number and home address will be exchanged in a confirmation email sent to both immediately after a booking is completed. It's against our policy for Guests and Hosts to exchange direct contact details via our messaging system.