About the Homestay
We live in a lovely House in the UTC area, a safe and peaceful place close to the La Jolla Beaches (3 Miles), close to the best San Diego Schools and Universities, just 8 minutes walk to Westfield Shopping Mall, in the heart of the financial district. It is myself, my husband, our two daughters (17, and 14 y/o), and our tiny Yorky dog. We also fluently speak Italian, Portuguese (Brazilian), Spanish, and a little bit of French. Lot of local amenities.
- Swimming Pool
- Internet Access
- Smoke alarm
Bedrooms available for booking
About the Area
Our house is strategically located in one of the safer areas of San Diego, close to the famous La Jolla Beaches, close to the best San Diego Schools and Universities, best Hospitals, and great Shopping Facilities:
University of California San Diego (UCSD) --> 1.8 Miles
Mesa College --> 6.5 Miles
Miramar College --> 7.0 Miles
San Diego State University (SDSU) --> 14.7 Miles
UC High School --> 1.8 Miles
Public Library --> 1.2 Miles
Scripps Hospital --> 1.3 Miles
Kaiser Permanente Hospital --> 6.7 Miles
Westfield UTC Mall --> 0.8 Miles
Bus Station --> 0.8 Miles
ArcLight Movie Theater --> 0.8 Miles
24 Hours Fitness (Gym) --> 0.8 Miles
Torrey Pines Golf Course --> 3.3 Miles
La Jolla Shores Beach --> 3.3 Miles
Balboa Park --> 12.5 Miles
SeaWorld --> 12.7 Miles
International Airport -->15.1 Miles
Downtown --> 14.9 Miles
Local Area Facilities
- Shopping Centre
- Bus Stop
Hosts can offer a complimentary light breakfast at their discretion. All other meals will incur an additional cost. Meals and any additional payment should be arranged directly with your host.
Included in the stay
- Complimentary Light Breakfast
- Use of Kitchen
- Minimum Stay: Two Weeks
- Just Female Guests +18 y/o are accepted.
- Condo General Rules will be applied during your stay (guest will receive a complimentary copy).
- No noise allowed before 8:00 AM and after 10:00PM.
- Our guest is allowed to use the Swimming Pool as well as the Tennis Court under the Condo General Rules (always ask us for the keys).
- Smoking cigarettes is allowed outside only (patio). No cigars, no pipes. Electronic Cigarettes (vaping) are welcome.
- Absolutely NO DRUGS.
- Please no food or drinks in the bedrooms (water is ok). Keep the bedroom and living area clean and tidy, as well as kitchen area when you use it.
- Double-Lock doors when leaving.
- Please do not invite strangers into our home. No guests are allowed without our prior approval (Homestay Guest´s Security and Safety is our main priority). NO overnight guests. NO Parties.
- Washer and Dryer available in the house, and are free to use between 8:00AM and 10:00PM (please try to avoid energy/water waste by optimizing washing/drying once or twice a week).
- For your car: free parking spots are often available in the adjacent street of the condo area.
- For 1 to 2 months homestay, full payment must be received at least 7 days prior your arrival day. For over 2 months homestay, we ask to receive 2 months payment a week prior your arrival day, then your monthly payments must to be received up to the 5th day of each following month.
- Be considerate and respectful of our family and other residents.
- Additional rules and details could be applied at your arrival.
Please enjoy your stay and treat our house as you would your own home!
Smoking is allowed outdoors only.
I hope I can come back to San Diego again soon! Andrea's family was so wonderful in making me feel comfortable, included, and at home in the U.S.! They were so helpful when I needed it and I couldn't have asked for a better homestay. Wishing them the best from Japan!
This family is fantastic and I had a wonderful experience! I spent 2 months with Lucia, Andrea, Alessandra and Sara and I felt like I was at home. I want to thank you very much for welcoming me and for your kindness. I hope to see you again in San Diego or in Italy.
How do I book?
Contact the host to check their availability and ask them any questions you have about staying with them. Once the host confirms they’re available for your dates, you can complete your booking.
When do I pay?
Once a host confirms they're available, you can go ahead and pay the 15% booking fee (maximum of 199 $£€ for longer term bookings) using a choice of payment methods: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Maestro, Laser, JCB & PayPal (not available in certain countries). You then pay your host on arrival or as stated by your host on their profile and agreed by you on booking. Please be cautious if a host requests advance payment if its not included on their profile. Our hosts have been advised that if they wish to request advance payment they must make this explicit in their profile. We do not recommend the use of Money gram or Western Union.
When can I share my contact details?
Host and Guest email address, phone number and home address will be exchanged in a confirmation email sent to both immediately after a booking is completed. It's against our policy for Guests and Hosts to exchange direct contact details via our messaging system.