About the Homestay
OUTER NATURE La Vie Est Belle Vietnam nourishes the experiences of Hands – Heart - Head to awake love and beauty from within, to bring one connection with the self – other humans and nature, to live simple, self-sufficient and happy. So the spatial and operational design here is aimed to have these touches:
* The Cat Tien Forest “The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness” (John Muir), in addition to many environmental functions, have you ever thought nature also have answers for your questions? Why not when the trees bring heaven and the earth together, when they live hundreds years old when we are just a few decades of age.
* Small village along the river In every vietnamese thougths, the village is a small community living together in the middle of nature. The small village of La Vie Est Belle in Cat Tien forest carries all characteristics of a typical Southern community with the gentle Dong Nai river flowing by, being surrounded with mountains and rice fields.
* Relaxing space That nature, the jungle, the river, and the garden, all are there for us. You can easily find space for your own, sitting down, reflect, relax or read a book.
* Bedroom Simple bedroom space with at least 2 persons per room with mattress, pillow, blanket, mosquito net. In the room there are toilets and hot showers.
* Yoga and Meditation How to listen? How to connect? Listen to what? Who to connect with? Let the silence takes you the the core of life (Rumi) In addition to yoga and meditation every morning and evening as in the "Inner Nature" section, you can also find different corners in the space of La Vie Est Belle or Cat Tien forest to do your own practice.
* Kitchens and cooking Cooking is also a way to practice mindfulness, we believe that natural gardening and vegetarian diets are also a way of maintaining and healing for our Mother Earth. La Vie Est Belle’s Dining Kitchen is purely vegetarian.
* Library All of us are lovers of learning, learning from experience and from books. Just a little reminder, read and learn to detach in the process, enjoy the books and let those knowledge go, do not cling to them.
* Garden The garden grows a variety of vegetables and fruits, the goal is to self-sufficient for La Vie Est Belle. We cultivate in the garden being concious of nourishing and improving the soil, let the plants be the nature. Mindful gardening is also a way of nourishing our mind and body by letting nature as it is.
* The Community of La Vie Est Belle Those who come, stay here and love this place, you can create a small community as you wish, whether it is a well-being retreat, painting exhibition, a musical activity, a movie screenings, etc we always welcome and cherish those things.
INNER NATURE We try to build activities suround the cycle of nature, you’re invited to participate in a daily schedule:
6h00 - 7h30: Yoga and breathing
7h30 - 8h00: meditation
8h00 - 8h30: breakfast
17h30 - 18h30: cooking
18h30 - 19h30: dinner
Besides daily schedule, we also have periodic workshops on a regular basis. Basically we create that space, those opportunities, and you are free to make your own choices. The spirit of La Vie Est Belle is to experience and share with love - service and gratefulness, so you are encouraged to contribute to the community 1-2 hours of service a day to your preference of skills.
- Internet Access
- Air Conditioning
Bedrooms available for booking
About the Area
Phuc & Phil’s home is located in Nam Cát Tiên, Đồng Nai, Vietnam. It is located 25kms off the main highway 20 midway between Ho Chi Minh city and Dalat and is about 8 minutes walk from the entrance of Cat Tien National Park. It is situated on the river bank not far from the river island, the waterfall (3-5 minutes by rowing boat), local farmers and is close enough to the Dao Tien Endangered Primate Species Centre that you can often hear and see the Gibbons in the morning. It is also very conveniently placed near the village with local stores and Nam Cat Tien Market. Situated in a quiet area between green gardens and the Dong Nai River. Other activities around the National Park include: fishing on the river, bird watching, swimming, kayaking, hiking or cycling through beautiful farm land with opportunities of guided tours of the local produce including coco and coffee plantations. We are in a unique position to offer community-based activities including farming and the planting of trees and medicinal plants. There are also a number of waterfalls within easy access of La Vie Est Belle. By staying here you have an opportunity not only to understand the park itself but also to understand local indigenous peoples, their lifestyles and distinct cultures.
Local Area Facilities
- Amusement Park
- Health club
- Bus Stop
Hosts can offer a complimentary light breakfast at their discretion. All other meals will incur an additional cost. Meals and any additional payment should be arranged directly with your host.
Included in the stay
- Complimentary Light Breakfast
- Use of Kitchen
We treasure your participation and sharing in order to create the most harmonious space possible for our selves, people around and the nature.
• La Vie Est Belle is a self-sustained space and each participant contributes to one's own experience.
• Each participant is encouraged to share 1-2 hours of service per day with one’s preference of skill (gardening, cooking, cleaning, etc.)
• Please help us to minimize the plastic waste in the space
• Please bring your own toiletries: brushes, toothpaste, shower gel, etc.
• La Vie Est Belle’s Dining Kitchen is vegetarian.
Smoking is not allowed.
How do I book?
Contact the host to check their availability and ask them any questions you have about staying with them. Once the host confirms they’re available for your dates, you can complete your booking.
When do I pay?
Once a host confirms they're available, you can go ahead and pay the 15% booking fee (maximum of 199 $£€ for longer term bookings) using a choice of payment methods: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Maestro, Laser, JCB & PayPal (not available in certain countries). You then pay your host on arrival or as stated by your host on their profile and agreed by you on booking. Please be cautious if a host requests advance payment if its not included on their profile. Our hosts have been advised that if they wish to request advance payment they must make this explicit in their profile. We do not recommend the use of Money gram or Western Union.
When can I share my contact details?
Host and Guest email address, phone number and home address will be exchanged in a confirmation email sent to both immediately after a booking is completed. It's against our policy for Guests and Hosts to exchange direct contact details via our messaging system.