A friendly, comfortable family home, I've been hosting and welcoming students from all over the world since 2013. It's just me and my little brown dog Tavish (as my son now lives away from home). I love to hear about you, your family and culture, as well as make sure you get the very best out of your stay whilst in Edinburgh and Scotland.
I live a short walk and bus ride to Edinburgh city centre and a few minutes from Cramond Village, where there is an island, beach and beautiful river walks. I'm keen to share how to get around (very easy) as well as places of interest (local as well as further afield), there’s so much to do and see in this beautiful city and the rest of Scotland. I've been awarded the 'Good to Go' Scotland certificate. I love to cook (all types of recipes from all over the world) so I am happy provide dinner at an extra cost if you like - just ask me - though now Covid restrictions are lifting, there are many fantastic restaurants in the city you might want to try too. I look forward to welcoming you to my home.
- Non Smoking
Barton is a quiet family area with a couple of small supermarkets, coffee shops, post office, pharmacy, bakers and restaurant, with close by leisure centre. There's a woodland walk to Davidson Mains park, and 20 mins from Cramond, with beautiful walks along the river and beach. You can even visit Cramond Island if you get your timing right. There's plenty of buses for a 20 min bus ride into the centre of the city, and ones that can to take you up north (to paces like St Andrews, Ellie, Dundee) if you want to see a little more than just Edinburgh.
- No smoking is permitted in the house, however there is an outside seating area guests can use.
- Breakfast is self-service and available from 7:00 - 7:30am
- All guests are welcome to share the lounge and TV with the host
- Due to Covid - guests staying longer than 7 nights will be asked to clean their own room weekly (cleaning materials, clean sheets and towels will be provided).
- You're welcome to use the garden seating area.
- I will clean bathrooms weekly - but please be mindful of others when sharing a bathroom - to keep it clean and tidy for all.
- Guests are allowed use of the washing machine once a week (no extra charge), if more than once a week - a £5 fee would be payable for each extra wash.
- There is a cloths line (outside) and clothes horse available on request for use to dry clothes on request.
- I live in a quiet residential area, whilst you will be given a key, and can come and go as you please, I would ask you be respectful of neighbours if returning after dark.
- Payment is expected to be paid a week in advance of your stay (I will advise the date on booking being made).
- Any commission for the exchange rate between your currency and GBP is up to you to pay (please make sure it is not deducted from your payment that reaches me)
- I will supply my International or UK bank details on booking confirmation
- If your stay is long term (over a month) - payment is expected in advance, but we can agree installments (generally monthly) for the duration of your stay.
- If you cancel after your payment is made, I will not be able to refund any monies unless I am able find another student to take up the room you booked.
Jenni is an amazing person. She is warm-hearted, humorous and trustworthy. She loves different cultures and makes you feel at home. Her house is clean and cozy, even better than the pictures. I have a wondeful experience here- high recommend!
Jenni is really lovely and a great host and makes you feel at home! The room is so nice &cosy and the breakfast great too! Definitely recommend!
I had an amazing experience staying in Jenny's house. She is a wonderful funny women, really talkative and helpfull. She is really tidy and the house looks exactly like the pictures. Even better than what I expected.
房东确认有空房后，您可以选择以下付款方式来支付 15% 的预订费（对于长期预订，最多可以支付 250 $£€）：签证，万事达卡，美国式Express，Maestro，Laser，JCB和PayPal（在某些国家/地区不可用）。然后，您在抵达时或在房东的个人资料中注明并经您同意的房东上付款。如果房东要求预付款（如果其个人资料中未包含该费用），请谨慎选择。已告知我们的房东，如果他们希望请求预付款，则必须在其个人资料中明确注明。我们不建议您使用金钱克或西联汇款。