About the Homestay
Food Tourism House has now got a new condo unit with three-fully furnished rooms:
1) Family Room, can sleep at least one or three adults
2) Double Room for one guest or maximum for 2 guests or even 3 persons when we provide extra mattress.
3) Twin Room, has two single beds and can sleep for 2 persons.
1) TV Hall
2) Living Hall
3) Dining Recess
4) Fully equipped Kitchen with big Fridge
We rent the rooms individually or any group can rent the whole house if they can book early. We accept minimum of 2 days for renting the rooms.
- Swimming Pool
- Tennis Court
- 24 hours WIFI connection
- Washing Machine
- Free Car Parking
- Bike to rent
- Free breakfast
- Cooking class or dining with the host at their private residence which is only 1.8 KM away.
Home Cooking Workshop Program:
1. IKAN ASSAM PEDAS: This Spicy Sour Fish is most popular in Malacca and also in every state in Malaysia, we can replace the fish for okra and long beans if you are vegetarian.
2 KARI AYAM: Malaya Chicken Curry is another main national dish but we can replace the chicken by potatoes and chickpeas for vegetarians. If you are sensitive to the curry we can replace the whole dish by Arabian Chicken Stew which is our own signature.
3. NASI KABSAH: This special rice is cooked in chicken bones, fresh tomatoes, dry spices and some green herb leaves. but for vegetarian we can provide a different dish known as NASI TOMATO, this Tomato Rice is a traditional dish and it contains no animal-based ingredients except milk. We cook in fresh tomatoes, onions, garlic, lemon- grass and pandan leaves. Another Rice from NASI LEMAK is also another option for vegetarians; it is cooked with fresh ginger, fresh coconut milk, panadan leaves, onions, ginger and lemon grass.
4. TERUNG DAN UBI GORENG BERLADA: This FRIED EGGPLANT AND POTATO is very delicious in thick but rich moderately spiced sauce. We reduce the chilies contents according to our guests requests. It is a vegetarian dish.
5. STIR FRY MIXED GREEN VEGETABLES AND SHRIMPS: Combination of various green vegetables and fresh shrimps, all in stir fried.
6. PINEAPPLE AND CUCUMBER SALAD: True Malaysian salad good for steamy weather.
7. PINGAT PISANG DAN UBI: A traditional dessert from sweet potatoes, bananas and sago all are fresh and good for health.
8. TRADITIONAL SAMBAL: Is good for appetizing, it is not a dish but very hot sauce freshly made from a mixture of variety of chili peppers with other ingredients such as shrimp paste (optional), garlic, ginger, shallot, scallion, palm sugar, lime juice, and rice vinegar or any white vinegar. It is good to use teaspoon and put little on any food while eating.
We can also provide custom designed program or just our guests can dine with us which they can choose:
Guests who happen staying with us for a long term, say, 5 days or more we can arrange a cookery program of their own choice, and please find herewith our most popular dishes from Malaysian cuisine and even from Arabian food:
1) Nasi Lemak
2) Ayam Perlada
3) Nasi Goreng
4) Mee Goreng
5) Kelantan Chicken Soup
6) Special Fried Chicken
7) Special Fried Fish
8) Laksa Pinang
9) Ayam Percik
10) Mee Rubus
11) Nasi Tomato
12) Nasi Kabsah
1) Special Fried macaroni, this contains fresh green berbs
2) Fried Macaroni with tuna
2) Spaghetti in red chicken sauce
3) Arabian Sambosa
4) Chicken & pea Stew
5) Arabian Oat meal soup ( Ramadan soup )
6) Stew in lentil
7) Arabian Suqar
8) Arabian meat Soup ( boneless meat we used to call Suqaar)
9) Arabian chicken stew
The room rate includes the following services: regular room cleaning,, and internet access. Additional available services at an extra charge (payable directly to your host on arrival):
Pick up service: 6.00 USD one-way
Lunch: 8.00 USD per person per night ( 4 course meal)
Dinner: 8.00 USD per person per night ( 4 course meal)
1) English 6 dollars per session
2) Malaya 6 dollars per session
- Bikes for use
- Games Room
- Swimming Pool
- Internet Access
- Smoke alarm
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Gym at home
- Air Conditioning
Bedrooms available for booking
About the Area
We are now located in the West side of Malacca town. Casuarina Park Condo is 17th storey building with swimming pool. It is very near to new hospital called the Oriental Hospital.
Local Area Facilities
- Shopping Centre
- Bus Stop
Please note that only a light breakfast is included in the room rate. All other meals will incur an additional cost. Meals and any additional payment should be arranged directly with your host.
Included in the stay
- Light Breakfast
- Use of Kitchen
Available on request at an extra cost
- Full Breakfast
- Half Board
- Full Board
- Packed lunch
Diet Type available on request
- Lactose Intolerant
- Nut Allergies
Smoking is not allowed.
They are kind and friendly, always take care of guest.
My husband, my little daughter and I stayed 3 nights at Os. We chose to stay at his house because we wanted to meet a Malaysian family and have the opportunity to taste Malaysian " homemade food". We had a great experience with his family and him: we ate his wife's food which was delicious, had nice conversations with him and the rest of his family. His daughters were very kind with our child. Most of all, Os was helpful and available very time we needed. He gave us a lift to town many times. Os is really welcoming and likes talking and sharing with people from different countries. He helped us on our trip to Tioman (thanks again Os for all your help! ) The house where we were was comfortable: we stayed in one big room but could use the lounge and the kitchen; we were the only guests. The condo is at about 5 to 10 minutes drive from the city centre but it is quiet. We recommend anybody who wants to visit Malacca to go and stay at Os condo.
Alles bestens, sehr freundlich un bemüht
We were 3 girls who stayed with Os family for a couple of days. We had a brilliant experience with them. Such a lovely and warm-hearted family. They did everything and more to make us feel comfortable. The cooking class was fantastic and the food delicious. They even helped us to find a car to rent for few days which was almost impossible ad we wanted to leave the car in a different city. If you are looking for a relax l
I enjoyed 4 nights in Mallaca with this host. He and his wife are very friendly and I enjoyed a lot of discussion. I also had my breakfast and evening meal in this home and she is an excellent cook especially as I am vegetarian. I also availed myself of the son driving me to where I needed to go and his knowldge of the area. This host is excellent value and really cares about giving good service. I shall stay again if I visit Mallaca. The host is happy to give an extra price for meals and car service but this is not expensive and well worth while.
My 3-day stay in Melaka with Os and his family was a wonderful cultural experience. The room is clean, nice, comfortable with ensuite bathroom and air conditioning, the perfect combination for comfortable nights on holiday.
Os and Hassa (his wife) are very accommodating, providing you with the information you need. They are very knowledgeable about their culture and others, it was a real pleasure to share family breakfasts and dinners with them. Hassa's cooking lessons are a MUST otherwise we miss out on a beautiful cultural exchange in Malaysia. The Arabian food is a delice! :) Ahmed, their son was my driver and he is a good, welcoming and a safe driver who is always happy to take you around and chat with you about Malaysia and Melaka. I had the opportunity to meet their beautiful daughters who are very curious about other cultures and we shared interesting conversations. I will do my best to go back to Melaka and spend more time with Os and his family.
We stayed 3 days with os and his familly and it was just wonderful days !! Everythings was perfect thanks you for your hospitality for sharing with us your Life your culture thanks you to your wife Who is amazing chief!!!! Amazing food !!! Thanks you for your perfect organisation we find Time to visit all the beautiful place we must see in melacca ! We learn so much with you and all the familly!!!
We Côme back two Times in one month in os house because we miss them sooo much haha!!! It was just wonderful expérience and meet !
We Will miss you and we Will defenetly Côme back to see u in sha Allah!
We had a wonderful stay at this family. They were very friendly and warm and helped us where posible. We feeled like home. The food was excellent!
I arranged to be picked up from the bus station and even dropped off at the airport when leaving.
The room had two single beds, with a shared bathroom. The family's son was in the adjoining room. It wasn't a problem because there were locks on the outside and inside of the bathroom. The air conditionner was new and very quiet
Arrangements can be made to go into the old town of Melaka when you want, driven by a member of the family. This homestay is 8km from the center of town.
The biggest drawing point that this homestay has, is Hawa's cooking. It's like having retaurant quality meals, three times a day! There was always a choice of three dishes. I especially enjoyed the vegetables.
The family is very kind and friendly. I highly recommend this homestay. :)
Os Egeh and his family (Hasinah and Amartharis) are a wonderful family and hosts. They provided accommodation, transport and best of all, fantastic food and hospitality. I would thoroughly recommend them! It was great to meet you all.