About the Homestay
I am an architect and also work from home. My interests: traveling, foreign languages, culture, nature and the environment. I am also interested in politics and social affairs. As you can see in the photos, I also like to photograph ....
- Bikes for use
- Internet Access
- Non Smoking
Bedrooms available for booking
About the Area
The 4-apartment is located in an 8 - family house on the 2nd floor without elevator. The district is called Wilmersdorf and has a good infrastructure in terms of shops, doctors, banks, recreational opportunities.
Here it is not as cool as in the scene areas Kreuzberg and Prenzlauer Berg, but rather cozy. Wilmersdorf is known as the safest district in Berlin.
Right on the corner, 2 min. away, is the S-Bahn station `Hohenzollerndamm` and some bus lines. A kiosk with newspapers, subway tickets, sweets, etc. is just in front of it. On the other side of the street there is a café, a pharmacy, a medical center and in the S-Bahn station is a Turkish snack. 300m away is a Lidl discounter. There are 800 meters away the Westphalian street with very good high-quality shops and the Upper Kurfürstendamm, in 1000 m distance is the Fehrbelliner place with subway, some shops u. a. an organic market with a very good café. Nearby, in the direction of Uhlandstraße, lies `The New School`. At the corner Uhlandstraße / Berliner Straße are all sorts of shops and cafes, snack bars, restaurants and banks to find .. There is another subway station, the Blissestraße.
The FU Berlin is easy to reach by bus. The city center / Potsdamer Platz can be reached by the S-Bahn in 21.min.
Very close, about 300 meters away begins the Volkspark Wilmersdorf, which moves to the town hall Schöneberg. Here J.F. Kennedy stood on the balcony and pronounced the famous sentence: "I am a Berliner".
The park is landscaped. Here you can in good weather spread his blanket and read a book or you watch the boule players at the Hirschbrunnen while playing. Of course you can also just go running or cycling here.
Local Area Facilities
- Shopping Centre
- Bus Stop
- Train station
Hosts can offer a complimentary light breakfast at their discretion. All other meals, including a full breakfast, might incur an additional cost, if offered. Meals and any additional payment should be arranged directly with your host.
Included in the stay
- Complimentary Light Breakfast
- Use of Kitchen
- Payment: 20 - 80% of the rent must be paid in advance, the amount depends on the rental period. Attention: Only after the transfer is the booking valid! The exact amount will be agreed before the valid booking. The balance is payable in cash on the day of arrival.
Cancellation / Cancelation:
> Cancellation up to 14 days before the first night: free of charge.
> Cancellation up to 7 days before the first night: 75% of the booking amount will be charged.
- Use of the kitchen: please complete the cooking until 21.00 clock. Always clean after use.
- Rented is exclusively the guest room. To be shared:
> the bath
> the kitchen
> the hallway. On request and in consultation, the living room can be used at times.
- Complete the front door with 2 turns
- Do not take meals in the room but in the kitchen or at the dining table
- Invite guests / strangers only by appointment or bring along
- In the morning the room please ventilate and tidy up.
- The bath has a tub, which is only used for showering. Please remove hair and foam. After showering, pull the curtain apart for better drying and open the windows wide for ventilation. After 5 minutes please close again. During ventilation, the heating valve should be closed.
- Please keep showering as short as possible. Water is a precious commodity! Always wash dishes and miscellaneous cold. So you can help to keep the rent down so low.
- The jointly used rooms are also cleaned together. 1x per week on Saturday or Sunday. We will fix that together. Then there is a delicious cappuccino and, if available, fresh home-baked cake!
Smoking is not allowed.
Very nice person, helpful and ready to talk things out. Would definitely stay there again, definitely recommend it.
How do I book?
Contact the host to check their availability and ask them any questions you have about staying with them. Once the host confirms they’re available for your dates, you can complete your booking.
When do I pay?
Once a host confirms they're available, you can go ahead and pay the 15% booking fee (maximum of 199 $£€ for longer term bookings) using a choice of payment methods: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Maestro, Laser, JCB & PayPal (not available in certain countries). You then pay your host on arrival or as stated by your host on their profile and agreed by you on booking. Please be cautious if a host requests advance payment if its not included on their profile. Our hosts have been advised that if they wish to request advance payment they must make this explicit in their profile. We do not recommend the use of Money gram or Western Union.
When can I share my contact details?
Host and Guest email address, phone number and home address will be exchanged in a confirmation email sent to both immediately after a booking is completed. It's against our policy for Guests and Hosts to exchange direct contact details via our messaging system.