About the Homestay
Come and enjoy warm Sri Lankan hospitality by host couple our real family home we call your Mansion By The Sea for your holiday in Sri Lanka. Have fun on the beach, enjoy the sun and sand in what is truly a paradise. You will experience the luxury of hotel comfort and cleanliness with our bedrooms and bathrooms but at homely rates.
Our bedrooms and bathrooms are very clean and the decor and ambience are unlike any other in Sri Lanka. We are a real home and our home a real family home and it is really a mansion by the sea.
We are a just a two minute walk to the beach. You can also walk to most tourist sights including the Dutch Canals, the Dutch Fort, St Mary's Church and we are very close to St Sebastian Church in the heart of Negombo on the famous tourist strip of Lewis Place. There are Public Buses, Tuk Tuks at our door and taxis on call. We are just 15-20 minutes from Colombo International Airport.
We are both local Sri Lankan and international, to give you a memorable and enjoyable stay. Because like you, we have travelled the world to know how best to cater to your needs. We are local with great insights to share with you and extend to you our warm Sri Lankan hospitality. This is one homestay that you will speak about to others for a very long time to come.
We look forward to welcome you to our home a mansion by the sea. For your relaxation we have a lovely garden. You can walk down to the beach in a minute and enjoy stunning sea views and gorgeous sunsets and admire the evening sky over Negombo Beach change colours.
We have two bedrooms available for you. All rooms can take two guests each. Both of the bedrooms are located on the ground floor with a garden view. Your bedroom has a Queen Size Bed or Two Single Beds to suit your preference.
You can within minutes walk to Negombo Beach, shops, restaurants , cafes. bars, supermarkets and most tourist places of attractions.
We have included a light breakfast in your room rate.
If we can help you with any information related to Negombo or other destinations in Sri Lanka or info on culture or food or clothing or any matter we are here to help.
- Internet Access
Bedrooms available for booking
About the Area
We are are located on the tourist strip in Lewis Place adjacent to a quiet fishing community. From our home it is one minute walk to Negombo beach, to restaurants, bars, hotels, shops, supermarket and to the famous St Sebastian Church. St Mary's Church, Dutch Fort (remains of Bell Tower), Dutch Canal, famous Angurukuramulla Buddhist Temple, Rukmani Devi Park ard the fascinating Fish Market are a few minutes by Tuk Tuk.
Local buses, tuk tuks at the door, taxi on call, Negombo railway station 5 minutes drive and Colombo International airport is 15 minutes drive.
From our home walk to the magnificent Negombo Beach in 2 minutes. Authentic laid back Negombo neighbourhood.with the best of both worlds. A peaceful fishing community on one side with the sandy Negombo Beach and on the other side with Negombo's famous tourist strip of Lewis Pace with shops, bars, snack shops restaurants, hotels, supermarkets, famous St Sebastian church and Hindu temple all within walking distance.
Negombo is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Sri Lanka. About 15 minutes drive from Colombo International Airport. It takes an hour by road to Colombo. All other tourist destinations in Sri Lanka can easily be reached from Negombo making it the ideal place to spend a couple of days on arrival and prior to departure.
Negombo is popular with tourists because:
1. Famous sandy Negombo Beach is one of the best beaches on the west coast of Sri Lanka. There are long stretches of quiet beach mingled with pockets of busy fishermen and their outrigger canoes. Tourists enjoy Water-sports diving and viewing well-preserved coral reefs and a 50-year-old shipwreck that can be seen in the distance in Kudapaduwe area that serves as an artificial reef for many varieties of fish Mora Wala and Beach Park are full of locals and worth a visit.
2. Canal network throughout the city of about 100 kms where outrigger canoes and modern boats ply the water for tourism and trade.
3. Dutch Fort built in 1672
4. Centuries old Portuguese and Dutch houses and administrative buildings
5. St Mary's Cathedral Frescoes on ceiling
6. Lellama Fish Market which is Sri Lanka's largest fish market where tourists can meet local fishermen, buy fish and even organise fishing trips into the lagoon and ocean beyond.
7. Enchanting Angurukuamulla Buddhist Temple with paintings and carvings.
8. Rukmani Devi Park for relaxation
9. Muthurajawela Marshland, which is part of a 6,000-hectare (14,826-acre) reserve. The protected mangroves of the lagoon are home to over 190 species of wildlife.
10. Lewis Place main tourist strip of hotels, restaurants, bars, cafes, jewelry boutiques, batik shops and handicrafts outlets.
Local Area Facilities
- Shopping Centre
- Amusement Park
- Water sports
- Bus Stop
- Train station
Hosts can offer a complimentary light breakfast at their discretion. All other meals will incur an additional cost. Meals and any additional payment should be arranged directly with your host.
Included in the stay
- Complimentary Light Breakfast
- Use of Kitchen
1. Make yourself at home and enjoy your stay. The family is happy to interact with you, get to know you and make your stay memorable.
2. Note your booking is for a room only with complimentary light breakfast at 8.30 AM. You have not paid for cooking / laundry facilities. We do not have such facilities for guests. Many restaurants and a few laundries are very near us for your convenience.
3. Our Check In time is AFTER 2 PM and Check Out time is BEFORE 11 AM. A surcharge of $20 is made for early Check Ins ( Before 2 PM) and Late Check Outs (after 11 AM). We have no waiting facilities before Check In or After Check In.
4. . Strictly No Smoking in rooms or putside. All areas of the property are strictly no smoking.
5. Only registered guests are alliwed into the premises. This is for security of all guests and ourseoves.
6. No parties or functions please.
Smoking is not allowed.
Raja and his wife are very kind and helpful. The house and the room are nice, clean and quiet. We really enyoed our visit
We were very much interested in homestay so that we could interact with local people, eat local food and know local customs. This was our last homestay of 6 in Sri Lanka over a period of 24 days. Here in Negombo, the rooms were very clean. The bathroom was stinking as the other common bathroom exhausted into our bathroom. Host was very businesslike and as soon as we walked in we were treated like we are in a motel. First thing he wanted was the payment before we could even see the room. Even though website stated that we have to pay in local currancy the exchange rate used by the host was higher than what our bank was giving on the ATM. Host was kind of cold, we never felt we were in a homestay. Breakfast was minimum and when we asked for more butter as the butter left over from previous gusets was not enough for two of us. I was admonished saying, " when you are finished, we will give you more". Both the hosts stood watching over us when we were eating. We asked for additional feet towel. we were told that all bathrooms are built like this and there was no need for towel. They brought us a dirty squeegee later. Even though building was new I would not return here as we did not feel welcomed. For us it is the ATTITUDE .
Raja and his wife have been really great hosts. We had a lot of good talks, they gave great recommendations on what to discover in Negombo and Sri Lanka at all, even before our arrival. The rooms are very new and clean, and the breakfast has been also good. The location is well situated between the Negombo old town and Negombo beach (with some more touristic life).
I really recommend a stay in the beginning or at the end of a vacation in Sri Lanka there, as the airport is not far away.
Raja and Charmaine were the most amazing hosts. They were friendly and polite, they helped us make our stay in Negombo as pleasant as possible. They even arranged for us to have a take away delivered to the house! They also came to pick us up at the airport. The room and the house were clean and comfortable. Charmaine's breakfast was delicious! And it was great to have breakfast together with them and the other hosts. Raja and Charmaine gave us advice about places to visit in Sri Lanka and arranged for a driver to take us to our next destination. We highly recommend this home stay, it was a great and lovely introduction to Sri Lanka for us!
Best place to stay in Negombo!
House is completely new built and all the rooms look like on the photos: very modern and clean with the best shower in Sri Lanka. Also the bed is so comfortable that you can rest and relax so well after your Journey! Also beach is very close and you can find Negombo s most interesting places within walking distance!
But most important to mention is Raja and his family: the best hosts you can imagine! So friendly and kind they help you with everything and make you feel at home!
Really nice homestay, helpfull , can arrange transfers and can tell you facts about Sri Lanka. Raja and his wife are interested, considerate and try to make you feel at home.
It's a very nice place to start and end your trip because it's near the airport. The house is big and clean and the beds are good. They also have the best shower in Sri Lanka : )
How do I book?
Contact the host to check their availability and ask them any questions you have about staying with them. Once the host confirms they’re available for your dates, you can complete your booking.
When do I pay?
Once a host confirms they're available, you can go ahead and pay the 15% booking fee (maximum of 199 $£€ for longer term bookings) using a choice of payment methods: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Maestro, Laser, JCB & PayPal (not available in certain countries). You then pay your host on arrival or as stated by your host on their profile and agreed by you on booking. Please be cautious if a host requests advance payment if its not included on their profile. Our hosts have been advised that if they wish to request advance payment they must make this explicit in their profile. We do not recommend the use of Money gram or Western Union.
When can I share my contact details?
Host and Guest email address, phone number and home address will be exchanged in a confirmation email sent to both immediately after a booking is completed. It's against our policy for Guests and Hosts to exchange direct contact details via our messaging system.