About the Homestay
I am mature professional single woman with a great sense of humour. I live alone apart from my small adorable King Charles Cavalier dog, Valentino. I work from home and have an office at the top of the house. The room is a large, sunny space with a double bed, desk, chair, bookcase and very large wardrobe with hanging space and shelves. The house is situate in a private close and has a garden. It is very secure. We are right next door to beautiful Victoria Park in Hackney in a gorgeous, buzzy locality. Lots going on and lots to do. Within easy reach of all parts of London and extremely good public transport system
I am able sometimes to offer a discount which is dictated by Homestay's calculation of sums due for the room.
I speak French and German as well as English which is my mother tongue. I love music, film and books
- Internet Access
Bedrooms available for booking
About the Area
My house is situate in North East London in Hackney next to Victoria Park.The immediate vicinity is very lively with bars, organic delis, cafes, restaurants, shops, lots of sport and keep fit amenities eg yoga, pilates, swimming, jogging, running. boot camp etc etc Nightlife of old Street and Shoreditch a stone's throw away, Broadway Market, London Fields, Spitalfields, Colombia Rd flower market also within easy reach. Is a brilliant location
Local Area Facilities
- Shopping Centre
- Bus Stop
- Train station
Hosts can offer a complimentary light breakfast at their discretion. All other meals will incur an additional cost. Meals and any additional payment should be arranged directly with your host.
Included in the stay
- Use of Kitchen
1. No smoking in house ( can outside in the courtyard or garden w ashtray which you must empty after use )
2. No shoes to be worn in house
3. Leave common parts ( kitchen and bathroom and their parts eg fridge, oven, shower and toilet ) as you found them.
4. If staying over 3 weeks please help by taking out kitchen and bathroom rubbish to the bins and
5. make a fair contribution and contribute to shared items eg toilet rolls, washing up liquid etc etc.
6. Please use liquid detergent in washing machine so pipes dont get blocked 7. Please be mindful of house security when leaving if no-one is in.
8. Any loss and/or damage caused by guests must be paid for
9. I will provide fresh bed linen and towels.
10. Guests staying over 3 weeks will also have to change their beds themselves and clean their rooms once per week and
11. take out their own rubbish to the bins.
12. There is also an extra charge of £10 per week for cleaning of the common parts ie floors, hallway, stairs, landing, windows, doors and washing the bed linen and towels and for miscellaneous items.
PS: I am very busy and I dont have the time to do ALL the cleaning and I dont want to be hassling guests about it . T'is a matter of common sense really... I need the house to be clean and tidy as I have (legal) clients who come here.
Any guest not being fair and reasonable will be asked to leave and will be refunded any sums due
DEPOSIT: A 25% deposit is required to secure the room. This is collected by Homestay. The balance must be paid before handing over of keys
Smoking is not allowed.
Lesley was an absolutely fantastic host. She made me feel so welcome in her lovely home. I cannot recommend Lesley highly enough as a host.
Nice and clean house. Lesley is a very good host.
Lesley's house is beautiful, and situated in a lovely part of Hackney. The room I stayed in was spacious, with lots of places to store my suitcases, clothes, etc. Perfect.
Lesley herself was very respectful and friendly. Loved her dog!
How do I book?
Contact the host to check their availability and ask them any questions you have about staying with them. Once the host confirms they’re available for your dates, you can complete your booking.
When do I pay?
Once a host confirms they're available, you can go ahead and pay the 15% booking fee (maximum of 199 $£€ for longer term bookings) and a 25% deposit using a choice of payments: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Maestro, Laser, JCB & PayPal. The deposit is collected in advance on behalf of the host to protect against no show or late cancellations (within 7 days of arrival). You then pay your host the balance due on arrival. The 25% deposit payment is made to the host 2 business days after your scheduled arrival date. This deposit payment will only be refunded if you cancel the booking at least 7 full days prior to arrival.
When can I share my contact details?
Host and Guest email address, phone number and home address will be exchanged in a confirmation email sent to both immediately after a booking is completed. It's against our policy for Guests and Hosts to exchange direct contact details via our messaging system.