About the Homestay
The Charlton Family is a warm and welcoming family situated in South East London in an area called Mottingham. Our family is accustomed to hosting foreign nationals and for the past 7 years hosting many Au pairs.
I am a railway engineer and work in an around London, my two sons Clayton 15 and Clinton 11 also live with me.
We have a spare single room available for long or short term let to students or young professionals.
We are in Zone 4 and our nearest Railway Station is Mottingham.
- Internet Access
- Non Smoking
Bedrooms available for booking
About the Area
We are in Zone 4 and our nearest Railway Station is Mottingham. There are three buses from our house that can take you to the station in approximately 8 minutes or a brisk 15minute walk.
From Mottingham railway station you easily connect to the city of London:
Mottingham to London Bridge 16 minutes
At London Bridge you can connect to the London Underground Northern Line and Jubilee Lines
Mottingham to Charing Cross 28 minutes
At Charing Cross you can connect to the London Underground Bakerloo and Northern Lines
Mottingham to Canon Street 31 minutes
At Cannon St. to London Underground District/Circle Lines
Local Area Facilities
- Shopping Centre
- Bus Stop
- Train station
Hosts can offer a complimentary light breakfast at their discretion. All other meals, including a full breakfast, might incur an additional cost, if offered. Meals and any additional payment should be arranged directly with your host.
Included in the stay
- Complimentary Light Breakfast
- Use of Kitchen
Available on request at an extra cost
- Half Board
- Full Board
- Packed lunch
1. No shoes are worn in the house.
2. No eating in your room.
3. International calls must be made with a calling card, Skype calls can be made using our Wifi on your Tablet or phone. If you require a device with Skype we can provide one but let us know ahead of time (so we can schedule this)
4. Wash your dishes after you are done using them.
5. Wash your clothes once a week on your allocated day.
6. Help keep the bathroom clean.
7. We generally vacuum your room’s floor once a week, so make sure nothing is left on the floor before you leave in the morning.
8. Always lock the doors when leaving the house.
9. No friends over without asking for permission.
10. If you intend in staying out overnight please let us know when you will be returning.
11. No naked flames (candles/incense) Hair straighteners not be left unattended and never to be left on the carpet.
Smoking is not allowed.
How do I book?
Contact the host to check their availability and ask them any questions you have about staying with them. Once the host confirms they’re available for your dates, you can complete your booking.
When do I pay?
Once a host confirms they're available, you can go ahead and pay the 15% booking fee (maximum of 199 $£€ for longer term bookings) using a choice of payment methods: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Maestro, Laser, JCB & PayPal (not available in certain countries). You then pay your host on arrival or as stated by your host on their profile and agreed by you on booking. Please be cautious if a host requests advance payment if its not included on their profile. Our hosts have been advised that if they wish to request advance payment they must make this explicit in their profile. We do not recommend the use of Money gram or Western Union.
When can I share my contact details?
Host and Guest email address, phone number and home address will be exchanged in a confirmation email sent to both immediately after a booking is completed. It's against our policy for Guests and Hosts to exchange direct contact details via our messaging system.