About the Homestay
My home is a tastefully decorated victorian terrace, located by the river Ouse, a lovely 20 minute walk via the river footpath to the centre of York and a 10 minute walk from the train station. The household consists only of myself, a language enthusiast (fluent in French), and my very friendly house cat, Nova.
The beautiful guest bedroom comprises of a versatile divan bed which can be either separated into two single beds or configured as one king sized bed, depending on your requirements. The room overlooks the courtyard garden, and has plenty of storage for your clothes and belongings.
The communal areas of the house include: an attractive and cosy living room with comfortable corner sofa, TV + access to Netflix and DVD player and lots of board games, a beautiful dining room with a large dining table and digital piano (which guests are welcome to play), fully-functioning kitchen with all appliances and cupboard and fridge space for guests, bathroom with both shower and bath, and a quaint private courtyard garden with comfortable seating and fire pit.
I love meeting and talking to new people from different cultures, hosting, and cooking; and have many different hobbies and interests aside from languages; including sciences, design, art, music, dance, yoga, surfing, cycling - anything and everything!
I pride myself on making my guests feel welcome, comfortable and at home, and look forward to welcoming you to the historic city of York! :)
- Internet Access
Bedrooms available for booking
About the Area
My home is located centrally in a quiet area, by the river, situated deceptively close to the centre - only a 20 minute walk along the river to the city centre and a 10 minute walk to the station, very direct! There is a conveniently placed bus stop on my street also with regular buses that go all over York every 15 minutes, and there is a lot of greenery nearby and a park a few minutes walk away. Local amenities close to my house include shops, a couple of cafes and a local pub.
Local Area Facilities
- Bus Stop
- Train station
Please note that only a light breakfast is included in the room rate. All other meals will incur an additional cost. Meals and any additional payment should be arranged directly with your host.
Included in the stay
- Light Breakfast
- Use of Kitchen
- Please note that I only accept payments in advance via bank transfer or Paypal, I will email you with these options and details once you book, this is the most secure means of payment for both parties.
- I offer a 100% refund for cancellations before 14 days of arrival and a 50% refund for cancellations made before 7 days of the booking arrival. Any last minute booking cancellations 7 days or less before arrival are up to my discretion.
- Please be respectful of my home
- Smoking is not permitted indoors but you may smoke in the courtyard garden
- Please ensure my cat is not accidentally let out (she is an indoor cat and buses go down my road so could be dangerous)
Provided for guests:
- Babies are welcome and I can provide a moses basket at an additional cost of £5 per stay
- Tea, Coffee and hot drinks are complimentary and I also provide a continental breakfast for guests at an additional charge of £3 per guest, per morning for single guests, and £5 per couple, per morning.
- I deep-clean the house every Sunday, so you will not be required to clean but please do keep it tidy and wash up if you use any kitchenware, thank you!
- Linens and towels are provided
If you have any additional requirements or questions, please do not hesitate to ask! I am more than happy to accommodate guests individual needs. :)
Smoking is allowed outdoors only.
The room is very nice and the bed is so good. Alanna is very nice person. Supprise she can speak French and it a bonus for my gf lol.