How to Synchronise my Homestay Calendar with the Airbnb Calendar
Homestay.com allows you to keep your calendar updated/synchronized with other platforms, such as AirBnb, Google Calendar and more.
This will allow you to automatically block your availability on Homestay.com if, for example, you receive a booking from AirBnb.
The Calendar Sync feature is based on a digital calendar format called ICAL.
Here's a video which shows the steps to follow to sync your calendar:
In order to sync calendars you need to follow these steps:
- Log into your AirBnb host account
- Go to Hosting Dashboard
3. Click Calendar
4. Click Availability Settings
5. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click “Export Calendar”
6. You will then be presented with a pop up as shown below, Copy the ICAL Url
7. Go to your Homestay.com Account
8. Click Calendar, and at the bottom click “Import New Calendar”
9. In the popup enter a name for the calendar, eg: “AirBnb Calendar” or "Airbnb room 1 calendar" and paste the ICAL Url you copied from the AirBnb account
10. Click “Save and Import”
The calendar should sync immediately and you should see dates blocked according to bookings and unavailabilities set in the 3rd party account.
Please note that, if you have multiple listings set up in AirBnb - eg one for each room - you will have to repeat this process for each room.
The calendar will be automatically updated on a daily basis.